★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Double incentive Sale: Monster RPG 2

05-18-2010, 11:38 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 330
Double incentive Sale: Monster RPG 2

Monster RPG 2 is now on sale for just 99, today onward until version 1.4 is released! Why is it a "double incentive" sale? Well the price is low so you have incentive to buy it, and we have incentive to finish the update (which is progressing well. We're just doing final testing and tweaking right now.)

05-18-2010, 11:39 AM
#2
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentg View Post
Monster RPG 2 is now on sale for just 99, today onward until version 1.4 is released! Why is it a "double incentive" sale? Well the price is low so you have incentive to buy it, and we have incentive to finish the update (which is progressing well. We're just doing final testing and tweaking right now.)
Price may not be effective until another hour or so.

05-18-2010, 12:07 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 1,224
lol sweet, probably will pick this up. Haven't been paying much attention to your other thread but what's to be expected in 1.4?
05-18-2010, 12:15 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 976
Will never pick this up...whatever update is... Not because its a bad game..but because...it is not compatable with 3.0 on 3GS
05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
lol sweet, probably will pick this up. Haven't been paying much attention to your other thread but what's to be expected in 1.4?
Improved tap and go mechanics. Improved level load times on some devices (had no idea it was so long). You can change screen orientation to landscape left. Some bugs fixed. Support for iPhone OS 4.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
Will never pick this up...whatever update is... Not because its a bad game..but because...it is not compatable with 3.0 on 3GS
I'm sorry, I only ever had a iPod touch 2nd gen to work with. I got an iPhone 3GS recently and can assure you it works with 3.1.3, but I have not tested "3.0". It also will work with 4.0. Another thing that changed was I reimplemented all of the OpenGL code to run on GLES 2.0 (if available), so it takes advantage of the 3GS shaders.

Last edited by trentg; 05-18-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added (if available)
05-18-2010, 02:44 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Perv, why do you care?
Posts: 1,807
loooooooovvvvvvveeeeeeee this game!
05-18-2010, 02:50 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Picked up the lite version but im unsure. The hybrid modes d pad is up at the top of the screen. Im blocking tue entire screen in order to use it :/ (this may be due to os 4.0 b3 but if so the full version won't fix it)

The combat swipe is wonderful though.
05-18-2010, 03:33 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Picked up the lite version but im unsure. The hybrid modes d pad is up at the top of the screen. Im blocking tue entire screen in order to use it :/ (this may be due to os 4.0 b3 but if so the full version won't fix it)

The combat swipe is wonderful though.
You can tap the top or bottom 1/3rd of the screen to move the controls from top to bottom or vice versa.
05-18-2010, 03:44 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Well you sir just made a sale as that was my only concern. I really love the art for the enemies and the heroes; they are really well done.
05-18-2010, 03:46 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Well you sir just made a sale as that was my only concern. I really love the art for the enemies and the heroes; they are really well done.
Thanks for the purchase and thanks for the compliments on the art. I'll let the artist know his work is appreciated!