★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cold War

02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Cold War

Has anyone checked out Cold War? I saw this the other day and grabbed it. It is an interesting take on an old arcade classic. Wish I had thought of this.

Cold War

Last edited by Kasei; 02-20-2009 at 02:26 PM.
02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Cold War

Links are always nice

Welcome to the forums! I don't think this game has been mentioned anywhere, but it looks like a solid little game

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Kinda reminds me of the Movie "WAR GAMES" and the game Missile Command. Would have TOFTT but the description & screen shots are skimpy.

Games Playing: Kids & Zombies, Infinity Gene, Q*bert, Resident Evil, Peggle, PacMan Remix
Listening to: Devin The Dude/ Waitin' to Inhale
02-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Yeah that is what I was thinking when I saw it "War Games". The wheel aspect is pretty cool though. I haven't seen that before in a game like this. Usually you have to touch the screen. Here you have to remember the abort code and enter it. I noticed you can destroy more than one missile when they are clustered together.
02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Hope you like it!

Hello everyone,
I'm a long-time reader of the forums, but new to posting. I helped work on this game so I thought I'd chime in:
First of all, thanks for the interest! This is our first game, its concept is simple, but I think it's fun, in a hectic, holy-crap-these-missiles-keep-coming kinda way. We appreciate your feedback on the store description and screen shots.

If you get the game, take note that the incoming missiles pause as you're entering the code (wheels are spinning) . While this isn't crucial in the early stages, you'll find you wont get far later on without this method. Oh, and Kasei is right, if you disarm the warhead close to another, its explosion will take that one out as well, adding to your score multiplier!

Again, thanks for your interest in Cold War