★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Nanosaur 2 Hatchling looks awesome...

10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Nanosaur 2 Hatchling looks awesome...

... but will it deliver? Judging by the screenshots Nanosaur 2 will be another beautiful looking Pangea game but according to the manual it will have the same atrocious save system as Bugdom 2.
What do you think?
10-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
... but will it deliver? Judging by the screenshots Nanosaur 2 will be another beautiful looking Pangea game but according to the manual it will have the same atrocious save system as Bugdom 2.
What do you think?
I actually think it will control much better. I've never played it before, but if it's all flying like the screenshots show, I think it'll play nicely. I didn't mind the controls in Bugdom too much. It was the inability to save that ruined it for me. I still like it, I just never have enough time to sit play it.

10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
I have this game for my mac, and honestly, it is HORRIBLE on the computer, mainly because of the fact that the save system SUCKED. Seeing how the save system is still gonna suck, I would stay away.

The game itself was very fun. You pretty much have to swoop down and get these eggs and not crash or die from other dinosaurs or random shit that shoots at you. You have like 3 lives and then poof you're dead, which made the game way too hard as well.

Anyways, it's a fun game, and might be worth buying if it is priced low like their other games. All we can do is hope that they implement a MUCH BETTER save system than Nanosaur on the computer or Bugdom 2.
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Another possibility however is that the levels were made shorter, thus easier to complete (And hopefully won't take 30 minutes!)
10-14-2008, 06:46 PM
well I really want to be excited about this, but seeing how I haven't made ANY progress in bugdom 2, I'll have to see how this one turns out.

do any of pangea's devs hang out here?
maybe we all need to e-mail the tech support address and express our concerns about the save systems
10-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Man, another Pangea game for my collection eh? Can't wait til it gets onto the app store and thus goes on sale a week later so i can pick it up
10-14-2008, 10:33 PM
It looks pretty awesome, but I'm going to wait a little bit incase the price drops. That's mainly due to the huge amount of good looking apps and price drops in the last day or so.

I almost wish iPhone games weren't so cheap. I can't keep up. I don't play much, but they're like crack.
10-14-2008, 11:02 PM
You got that right about the crack comment. The app store has become my only drug. I think I might be becoming like one of those old-lady-cat-collectors. I seem to buy apps and not even play them all right away. It's like there's some sort of subconscious comfort in knowing that I own it. Well, I bought this one too. I own everything from Pangea, but was dissapointed in just about every game. Graphically, their games are sweet, but the gameplay hasn't impressed me. I was into Bugdom for a minute, but I found it unplayable for some of the same reasons you all did. On the contrary, I'm really liking Nanosaur. I've only played it for about thirty minutes, but the flying works so much better than walking. It takes a little less precision, in my opinion. There's no chance of say, falling off a cliff. Has anyone else bought this? I know it just came out, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
10-15-2008, 12:05 AM
I have the game on the mac, and it seems like the perfect fit for the iPhone except for two things: they didn't include multiplayer, the best feature of the game! (Admittedly, difficult to do.) It also only has three levels, and they're really long. This would be a good thing, except that, as in Bugdom 2, you can't save your game until the end.

Hopefully, they'll add multiplayer later on, and maybe work out an autopause/savegame feature that's more convenient.