★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A Scrabble Player's dream come true!

WORDSNAKE SALE!!- Entertainment That Makes You Smarter, is now 67% OFF!

Watch video - Type: WordSnake Scrabble in YouTube Search

Scrabble players, break free from your border confines and venture onto the endless world of WordSnake. And for a limited time you can get this groundbreaking new word game at the introductory offer of 67% off the list price.

Scrabble was never this much fun and I LOVE Scrabble! The App Spotter

There is a Scrabble board in one out of three homes in America. There should be a WordSnake on every scrabble-loving iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad users device. App Maverick

I love Elmer the WordSnake. Hes my etymological hero! Appinion

WordSnake, by oBo Games, takes word-building to a whole new level of fun. Help Elmer the WordSnake get from his snake den to the den of Ophelia, his sweetheart. One catch - Elmer is a word aficionado. He can only cross the game board over actual words.
You must use 130 letter tiles to build a word bridge for Elmer to cross. To make the trip more challenging, there are Obstacles and Shortcuts to help and hinder. Obstacles are impassable areas on the board, while Shortcuts allow you to jump over several columns to get closer to Ophelias den. There are also letter and word bonus icons to increase your score.
The optional Word Tinting feature allows you to see the word bridge as you build it. For those loving a real challenge, you can turn this feature off.

The game comes with three maps, Desert Breeze; Ice Breakers and Zoo Mania. Each map has its own unique Obstacles, Shortcuts and Bonus Icons.

Once completed, you can send your scores to your Facebook or Twitter account. You can even Snake A Friend, a personal email that challenges a friend to beat your score.

Features:

Easy Drag N Drop function to build words
Millions of puzzles randomly generated on three colorful maps
3 Levels of Difficulty
130 letter tiles including QU, CH, TH, ER and IN tiles
20 trillion variations of letter strings. Yes, Trillion.
Animated Obstacles and Shortcuts
Bonus icons to score Double & Triple Letter scores and Double & Triple word scores
Word Tinting option to better build bridges
Sneak peek at the next letter
Undo button for misplaced letters
Zoom in and out with ease of a pinch
Center Map button to reorient the game board
Pause the game at any time and resume where you left off
Snake A Friend email invitation
Play your own music from your iPod
Postings to Facebook & Twitter

Upcoming Features:

Pass and Play
Snake charmers basket to trash letters
Online contests with cash prizes
6 more maps coming
Mini Challenges

ALSO AVAILABLE FROM OBO GAMES

New 3-DUKO The worlds first three dimensional Sudoku game.

WOFFO, horizontal & vertical wordplay with wild cards

VOCAB U, the word game that is the definition of fun

Game_Breaker's comments:
Welcome to WordSnake...Words Without Borders.

If you're a Scrabble player, then you'll want to move up to the new animated board that sets you free from the 15 x 15 confines imposed on us since 1938. There are Obstacles and Shortcuts galore as you build a word bridge across the board to connect Elmer, the WordSnake, with his beloved Ophelia. You get 130 letter tiles, including double-letter tiles CH, TH, IN, QU and ER. An endless number of boards and fun.

View YouTube Video Presentation

Currently 67% off list price. Now $0.99

05-17-2010, 07:52 PM
WordSnake moving up the top paid word games

Exciting to see WordSnake get its just rewards. It's the best way to play Scrabble bar none. App is 67% off list at $0.99

This is a lot of fun.

05-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Bought. Only a buck, looks cool, and I love Scrabble. Will play some after I get the kids to bed. Speaking of which, time to head upstairs.
05-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Wordsnake is a great game!

Wordsnake is a great game! You can play it over and over and it's different every time. I am struggling on the hardest level. Has anyone beat it on difficult?
05-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Fun!

I am so glad I bought this app. This game is super fun and challenging!
05-18-2010, 06:45 PM
You guys do know the general perception here, right?

Posts praising a game coming from a user that has only the 1 post to their credit sure looks shilly/fake.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Hey Game Breaker,

Are the maps/gameboards made randomly with some basic balancing parameters each go or completely fixed?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-18-2010, 07:25 PM
WordSnake price drop...Now $0.99....Top 50 Word Game

The hottest new word game is getting even hotter, climbing into the top 50 games in less than a week and climbing more.

WordSnake from oBo Games, is the newest twist on an old favorite, Scrabble. This game has some major bonuses - like unending maps filled with animated Obstacles and Shortcuts; 130 letter tiles including 5 different double-letter tiles; smart word tinting; Bonus Word & Letter Icons; and more.

The 99 cent sale is on for an undetermined length of time, so join Elmer the WordSnake and build that word bridge today.

Other Entertainment That Makes You Smarter from oBo Games:

....... .......
05-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Yes!

This game is great. It's scrabble with such an awesome challenging twist! This game is worth spending your money on. It brings endless entertainment and really rattles your brains when you're stuck with hard letters and only so many spaces to place it!
05-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Wordsnake

Wordsnake is fun, but I like Woffo as well. I like what oBo is putting out.