★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** The untold story of what happened when Minigore met Plants Vs. Zombies ***

"At this price, along with all the detail in the animations, the game's an absolute steal and you owe it to yourself to get this into your collection! " --- Toucharcade forum

"Lol, zombies carrying doors for shields... "
---Toucharcade forum

Back in the time of fear and darkness, when stories of the horror that lived in the forests nearby were told in whispers of dread, an endless onslaught of zombies terrorized a local village in the hope of feeding off the very bodies of the locals within. All was thought to be lost until one day a stranger entered the village and all who gazed upon him, knew he was to be the saviour that could save their souls and rid them of this earth-bound plague.

Demon Hunter - Fight or Die, is a dual stick shooter that, through the use of a 3D game engine, presents you with this task of surviving through ever-escalating battles set within a lush environment and atmospheric sound effects.

Youll be faced with a wide range of monster that will get tougher as you do, but have no fear, you wont be empty-handed! During the game, youll be awarded not only skill points to upgrade your characters statistics but also a varied arsenal of weapons to deal with the vermin. So, hold your head up high as you enter the battle, but be aware! Not only will the monster all come equipped with some very unique forms of defense, but also your ammunition is not endless - aim carefully as each shot has to count!

Play with weapons such as a pistol, a double-barrel shotgun, a machine gun and even a flamethrower (yummy toasted monsters!) and unlock 9 unique heroes, like a former marine, a cowboy, a cyborg and even the original panda master from China

So, are you ready to put on your game face, pick up your gun, and test your metal against the world? Show your worth with the OpenFeint global ranking system and a whole host of achievements!

Are you ready fight or die?...

The game features:

-9 unlockable characters
-6 items to help your character (various weapons and health packs which you WILL need)
-6 different kinds of monsters that will know how to defend themselves!
-Guest appearances by boss enemies
-A point-based upgrade system for each character (speed, health, critical attack, ammunition capacity, and more!)
-A full 3D engine for all characters and the environment
-Dual-stick controls
-OpenFeint integration with achievements
05-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Looks like minigore in disguise

05-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Seems it may have more depth than Minigore.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
05-19-2010, 07:45 PM
05-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Actually looks good. Knowing Rockifone it probably IS good!
05-19-2010, 07:49 PM
This doesn't look that bad. I bet this game blows MiniBore out of the water!

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp
05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Anyone wanna TOFTT?

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
05-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Game Impressions

I shall TOFTT.
Impressions coming soon.

Edit with impressions:
This is a very typical survival dual stick shooter that is a bit of a mix of iDracula and Minigore. The graphics are decent with 3d characters and a few features on the map including a lit fire. There is only one map as far as I can tell. There are no obstacles but you can pass through any object (sans enemies) just like Minigore.

There are multiple characters, many of which require to be purchased. They all play the same though so no worries there. There is an iDracula upgrade system where you can upgrade skills such as critical hit or speed. There is also different weapons and ammo in which enemies drop every so often. So far I have seen pistol, shotgun, and machine gun. There are also health packs.

As a warning, this game is very slow. Controls are not very tight but workable I have gotten up to six zombies on screen. There is some variation between zombies but it is mostly the same two models with added defenses such as a door or a trash can lid. But there are other types of enemies like a dragon snake thing.

It also has Openfeint which is always nice to see.

I honestly do not recommend this game since it is not fun.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan

Last edited by B34$T; 05-19-2010 at 09:07 PM.
05-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Seems to me that rockifone is in the habit of copying existing AppStore games.
05-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmusic View Post
Seems to me that rockifone is in the habit of copying existing AppStore games.
Every company does that