★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Ace Tennis 2010 HD Online

05-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Ace Tennis 2010 HD Online

No longer associated with Eurocenter

Last edited by bomber; 12-31-2014 at 06:04 AM.
05-20-2010, 06:07 AM
looks interesting but a little more info would be welcome.
anyone tried this yet?
does it have some sort of career mode or only tournaments in single player?
controls only tilt or also onscreen buttons?

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................

Last edited by killy billy; 05-20-2010 at 06:13 AM.

05-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy billy View Post
controls only tilt or also onscreen buttons?
You move by pointing/dragging the player and influence the shot by tilting. I'm not sure why the appinfo is not displayed yet, it's this:

Play the first real tennis game on iPad! Play on 3 different courts (grass, sand and indoor) against challenging computer players or players from around the world. We have optimized the controls for iPad and included a tutorial which helps to master the game. No d-pad, just tap on the left or right side of the screen to move your player and use tilt to influence the direction of the shot. The game features high-resolution graphics, effects and videos.
The previous Ace Tennis title was #3 in the US App Store.
05-20-2010, 09:21 AM
According to bazooka from the AppStore, this game is a lot of fun. I will wait for him to comment on here. Bazooka, how does the online play so far?

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive
05-20-2010, 10:20 AM
I love this game and it is easily the best tennis game in the store. I have not tried online but will do so in the near future. There is an option to load up a picture for your profile as well, which is cool.

This is a highly polished tennis game with excellent controls. I am really impressed with how well this game plays on the ipad. I would say the only con would be that there isn't a ton of offline content. There are three tournaments in single player that take place on the three different surfaces. However, for the price this game is fantastic. It would be cool if they could add a career or dlc tournaments.
05-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Okay...just played two matches online. It was really easy to connect to other players. I did notice lag in both games but it wasn't game breaking.

Cons...no stats for wins/losses. It would be nice to see some stats added in the future. Also, while the scoring was correct it was a little odd how it comes about making it hard to tell who was ahead.

Overall, I am very impressed with this game but if this sounds to thin for you, you may want to wait for some other impressions.
05-20-2010, 10:59 AM
The online scoring uses the ELO system, which means you need to play a few matches to appear on the global score list. It's also tracking wins and loses, it's displaying them when you watch the scores (8 of 10 games won or so). Thanks for the review
05-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Ok, so the other review in the AppStore says you don't have full control over the player, but bazooka says you do. Do you have full control over the player? Can you tell the player you want to lob instead, or hit the ball with a touch of the screen...it doesn't do it automatically does it? That's not full control. If you don't have full control, not sure if it would be worth it...if so, Gameloft's tennis game on 2x mode is fine on the iPad for now.
05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
Ok, so the other review in the AppStore says you don't have full control over the player, but bazooka says you do. Do you have full control over the player? Can you tell the player you want to lob instead, or hit the ball with a touch of the screen...it doesn't do it automatically does it? That's not full control. If you don't have full control, not sure if it would be worth it...if so, Gameloft's tennis game on 2x mode is fine on the iPad for now.
Actually it is not full control, so I am wrong. I didn't catch it though when I was playing. You have control over, where your player moves, the angle of your shot, lobs, smashes ect. but not the actual hit. I missed this because i would touch to hit the ball but since it does it automatically, I didn't realize it was doing it for me. You have to move your player to the right position to hit the ball though or he will miss it.

I like Gamelofts tennis but IMO this is much better.
05-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Bazook, does tilting affect the type of shot (lob, smash, etc.), or the direction of shot? Or both? I can't really tell from the vid

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive