★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: [NEW GAME] iShear: sheep-shearing competition NOW $0.99 on iphone!

05-20-2010, 06:11 PM
[NEW GAME] iShear: sheep-shearing competition NOW $0.99 on iphone!

iShear, our new game, is now available on the App Store!

iShear - join our worldwide sheep shearing competition and put your skills to the test in this funny, addictive and challenging game!!
Your task is to shear as many sheep as you can in a limited time. You will need all your speed, precision and strategy to compete in this worldwide sheep-shearing adventure.

— 4 different games
— Funny Cartoon graphics
— Original soundtrack and sheep sounds
— Speed, quick touch challenge
— Worldwide Highscore

A high quality game for everyone, teens, adults and kids.
Join the fun and challenge your friends or family to this shearing competition in 4 different games:

Here is a video preview:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Speed game:
you must shear a sheep as fast as possible. The more you shear, the faster the next sheep goes, and the most difficult will be for you to accomplish your goal!

Herd game:
you task is to shear a full herd of sheep and get extra time and bonus points.

Precision game:
the shaved sheep remain in the field and you must not shear them any further, otherwise you lose.

Magic game:
a fly and a bee, with magic powers enter the game. Touch them and the sheep shrink or accelerate. Only a grasshopper can give you some extra time to rescue your shearing.

You are in a green summer field, where flowers and herbs grow up very fast and the sheep jump around the grass. Help the sheep to enjoy this hot sunny day without their winter wooly coat, so shear as many as you can and the fastest as possible! If you are a good shearer you will gain extra time and find out how to get many extra bonus points!
NZ Inspired!
Bonus type

You can gain extra time by shearing 8 sheep in a small amount of time. In the lower left corner of the screen a countdown timer indicates you how much time you have and the number of remeaining sheep to shear in order to gain the time-bonus.

In the upper left corner a red line appears when you shear a sheep. If you shear another sheep before it disappears, you get extra points.

In the field there are flowers and bushes who grow-up fast: if you take them you gain extra points.

GRASSHOPPER TIME BONUS In the magic mode a grasshopper appears randomly in the field. If you catch it you get extra time.
Online ranking system

We have a worldwide ranking system which makes you compete in this sheep-shearing competition on a global scale. You can send online your score at the end of your game. If your score is lower than your previous one, the system authomatically keeps your best ranking.
...and the competition begins!!
BE THE BEST OF THE WORLD There is a highscore table for each of the 4 game. Be the best sheep-shearer of the world!
CHALLENGE YOUR FRIEND BY EMAIL Once you post the score you can authomatically send an email to your friends and tell them about your super score!

Last edited by heyapps; 05-20-2010 at 07:06 PM.
05-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Hilarious! I was laughing loads watching the video. Very nicely done.

Invaders Must Die.

05-20-2010, 06:48 PM
This actually looks pretty fun
05-20-2010, 10:45 PM
iShear competition

Thanks for your comments guyz! Don't hesitate to leave a review, This game is fun, and it's perfect to do a quick play anywhere, but as it's a competition, you can increase your ranking or loose positions That'll be hard to keep a good position!! trust me!

Have fun and enjoy this game!!
05-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Great game!Gave it five stars on greek appstore and wrote a small review.
Just saw that the No1 on Speed leaderboard is from greece also and I'm surprised that it's a girl (nickname: ASPA)...

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Thank you tony!
Indeed, it seems that Greek girls are really strong @ this funny sheep-shearing!
Do you have many sheep in Greece? )
you know, here in NZ there are 80.000 sheep, so the competition will be really strong!
05-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Tried it out Thank You heyapps. Let me break it down. This game will have you tapping frantically. Gameplay is simple tap a sheep multiple times to shear it. There is 4 different game modes.

Speed: Sheer as many sheep as you can in 1 minute. You get a time bonus if you shear a certain number, and you can only get a time bonus the first 30 seconds. and they move faster as the number you shear climbs.

Herd: Groups of sheep now and you have to sheer them all same as above with time and time bonuses.

Precision: Shear sheep but you cant touch sheep that have already been sheared or else its game over and the number of sheep increases as you go along shearing.time and time bonuses the same

Magic: And finally magic where you have to sheer sheep but theres flies flying around. Touch a fly and a magical power of speeding up the sheep or making them smaller each time you touch a fly its pretty amazing how small it gets and one fly gives you time bonus. This was my favorite.

The game is a fun pick up and play has cute sheep and upbeat music. With frantic gameplay. Definitely try it out.

@heyapps I did noticed that when I finished a game and left it on the score menu the music would keep playing even though my phone went to sleep.Also I loved the lullaby music in the about section almost put me to sleep writing this
06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
@EMTKiNG thanks for your comments we'll check the sounds of the score menu and take it into account in the next update! We'll probably add Openfeint too. Any other comment is welcome for the update!

__________________________________________________ _________
We just got great reviews of iShear:

Last edited by heyapps; 06-02-2010 at 03:49 PM.
06-11-2010, 11:10 PM
07-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Just downloaded it.
Was laughing at the sheep sound efx

"Ooo Ooohh Eeee Ahh Ahhh"

Great games you have here, i really like the sounds.