★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ****** Latest update ******
- Minimap added for better overview
- Slightly more wheel smoke added

Drift Club Racer is an old school (top down view) race game as its best, spiced up with the latest in race styles and techniques.

Drift around corners at blistering speed and make your tires scream for more - See the smoke billowing from your wheels while executing the perfect drift.

Drift Club Racer is all about setting the fastest lap times and being the best at drifting on the face of the planet!
Unlock new tracks and challenges as you gain points.
05-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Found some video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks pretty good.

05-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Tried this on the heels of the LilRacerz euphoria.

It's garbage. Stay well away.
05-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Tried this on the heels of the LilRacerz euphoria.

It's garbage. Stay well away.
Thanks for the heads up. I was tempted, but I much prefer racing over time trials and drifting.
05-21-2010, 03:59 AM
"Garbage"?

Wow... that's pretty harsh.

Care to explain? I've seen some of my favorite games referred to in a similar fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
05-21-2010, 04:25 AM
Looks like Black Mamba Racer.

One of the first games I ever got, and loved it

Sokaroka
Graal HQ - http://graal-ta.weebly.com/
(Very outdated, haven't played Graal in years, but still has some decent guides etc. if you wanna update it/take over feel free to PM me)
05-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K76 View Post
"Garbage"?

Wow... that's pretty harsh.

Care to explain? I've seen some of my favorite games referred to in a similar fashion.
Well, it's a game about drifting and the drifting is all wrong. Imagine a car that's roughly 1/4 of its normal weight being driven on sheer ice and you'll be close to the feel of driving in this game. Drifting is fun when you are able to instigate it and then control it. In this game it simply happens of its own accord a second after accelerating and then you're charged with the task of steering a greasy sausage around a well oiled frying pan filled with obstacles. Actually that isn't entirely fair. The sausage would at least convey some sense of weight.

I agree "garbage" is a strong word and try to use it sparingly. I reserve it mostly for games I delete after less than 10 minutes after downloading in complete disgust.
05-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Well, it's a game about drifting and the drifting is all wrong. Imagine a car that's roughly 1/4 of its normal weight being driven on sheer ice and you'll be close to the feel of driving in this game. Drifting is fun when you are able to instigate it and then control it. In this game it simply happens of its own accord a second after accelerating and then you're charged with the task of steering a greasy sausage around a well oiled frying pan filled with obstacles. Actually that isn't entirely fair. The sausage would at least convey some sense of weight.

I agree "garbage" is a strong word and try to use it sparingly. I reserve it mostly for games I delete after less than 10 minutes after downloading in complete disgust.
I may disagree with Gabrien often enough, and he can be harsher than I care to be, but I've always found that he gives games a fair shot and his opinion is always well grounded. If he calls something garbage, I'm sure that he's not being flippant.
05-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Drifting is fun when you are able to instigate it and then control it. In this game it simply happens of its own accord a second after accelerating and then you're charged with the task of steering a greasy sausage around a well oiled frying pan filled with obstacles. Actually that isn't entirely fair. The sausage would at least convey some sense of weight.
LOL!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I may disagree with Gabrien often enough, and he can be harsher than I care to be, but I've always found that he gives games a fair shot and his opinion is always well grounded. If he calls something garbage, I'm sure that he's not being flippant.
Oh, don't get me wrong, fellas; I read Gabrien's statement and immediately thought, "Uh-oh! This doesn't sound promising." Having said that, I thought the game looked really nice in the video, so I just needed some clarification of what specifically Gabrien found so frustrating about the game -- and now I know, so thanky kindly, G-Man! Still in all, we'd best tread lightly...

Some people *like* greasy sausage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?