★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get ready to rock & roll your way down from the tree tops because Jungle Bug Rock & Roll is here!

Features:

Tilt to roll game play.

Story book tutorial.

Crazy Critters like Snatcher, Spinner and Stinky Poison.

6 amazing power ups to collect.

A jungle full of awards.

Bonus glow worms.

Leader boards and so much more!

Try out the Lite version for free!
05-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Nice to see the game out... colourful fun... easy to get into, challenging and addictive... the right kind of iphone fun...

05-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Thanks Devil!

Below is a video of the early rounds.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Darren.

Ohh nearly forgot we have a lite version coming soon.
05-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Any inpressions ? I don't usually go for games with tilt control, but this does look fun.
05-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi Cranker,

The lite will be out soon so if your not sure w8 for that but i'm sure you wont regret buying this one!

Darren.
05-21-2010, 11:45 AM
well ill buy it looks fun
05-21-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm a big fan of yours Utopian Games! I'm thinking this might be your best yet.

Invaders Must Die.
05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Here are some quick impressions of Jungle Bug...

Jungle Bug is just simply cute to look at...very colorful graphics are combine with a nicely bouncy jungle sound track make the game fun to experience. You are a little purple roly poly bug that must roll its way back down. You tilt your device to keep navigating down the platforms and hopefully while avoiding getting squished at the top.

There is a nicely polished set of tutorial screens at the beginning of the game that explains how to play and what you'll encounter in the game.

To help you on your way there are 5 powerups that affect the platforms: shrinking, slowing, stopping, reversing direction, and setting them on fire. One thing that I really liked was that once you collected a powerup, it becomes an icon at the bottom of the screen and you get to decide when to use it. Just tap on the powerup's icon to activate it.

You gain points from the distance you've travelled and by collecting glow worms for a "glow worm bonus" when you die.

Several things will try to impede or kill you on your way down including an evil red bug that will cause you to drop all your collected glow worms, a spinning saw blade that will instantly kill you, and an organge gum drop looking bug that will temporarily turn you orange and slow you down.

The tilting mechanism is VERY senstive, and a tiny movement of your hand will make Jungle Bug roll. There is also definitely some inertia attached to the bug and he does bounce a little so he can sometimes make it tricky to roll between two platform as you're being sent upward. The platforms also do increase in speed as you go down making it more difficult to survive.

Things I liked:
-Cute and cheerful graphics and soundtrack
-Simple but very nice tutorial screens
-Simple to play but challenging because of the enemies and physics
-Collectable powerups that the player decides when to use
-Game stores your highest score

Things I thought were needed:
-I did not see any way to pause a game in progress. There is no pause button or way to just end a game and return back to the Main Menu. I think there should be a pause button by tapping on the purple bug icon at the upper left of the screen.
-The game totally needs some online leaderboards and achievements to give it some fun competitiveness. You could have leaderboards for distance and number of glow worms collected by the end of a game so you really wouldn't want to hit those red bugs.
-I wish that it would track your top 10 local scores so you could at least compete against those.
-Options for tilt sensitivity and music/sound effects would be great.

Overall, Jungle Bug is a really cute game with a fun theme, and definitely recommended if you like these types of games. If you're looking for a game for you and your kids, Jungle Bug would be a good pick, too. It just seems like there's a couple of tweaks that could be made it would be even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
05-21-2010, 01:04 PM
can u fixt the tilt movement
and make the game going fasters
its really boring at the start!
but the game is fun and well designed just need some speed fix the tilt
05-21-2010, 01:06 PM
loving this game but im confused it said it has leaderboards but i couldnt find it