★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gameblend Studios
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.7 MB
  • Version: 1.6
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: One of the top rated word games for the iPhone, WordJong has been getting rave reviews from the press:
148Apps.com gives it a 5 out of 5 - "WordJong offers just enough of an addiction level that you will certainly feel the need to visit it day after day as it suggests"

Fingergaming.com gives a 5 out of 5 - The App Store may be flooded with word-based puzzlers, but this one is definitely worth your time.

Appcraver.com gives it an 8 out of 10 Put this one on your iPhone or iPod touch and leave it there. Youre going to be using it a lot.

Find out for yourself what Nintendo Wii, DS, and PC users have been raving about!

WordJong Daily Challenge features simple, yet engrossing game play. Use a set of lettered tiles to create words and complete Mahjong solitaire puzzles. Shoot for high-scoring words, earn gold coins and bomb power-ups, and attempt to clear the board with no leftover letters.

Key Features:
- Unlimited Play: Each day brings the fresh challenge of a new, unique puzzle! Completed todays puzzle? Pick a previous day on the calendar to play or replay any of the hundreds of other puzzles available!
- Zodiac Characters: Try to beat the scores of the WordJong Masters! Each of the seven characters has his or her own personality and play style, representing a different difficulty level ranging from easy (the Rabbit) to hard (the Dragon).
- High Score Tracking: Compare your daily high scores with friends and family!
- Awards: Complete 9 challenges to earn a beautiful butterfly collection!

Gameblend Scott's comments:
Hello TA!

We are dropping the price for WordJong this weekend to .99. If you are looking for some fun daily word puzzles, step right up and check it out:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sample5.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	18471

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wordjong/id301295390?mt=8

Whats that, not sure yet? How about this 5 star review?

http://www.148apps.com/reviews/wordjong/

No? Still not sold? Heres a free version to try it out:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wordjong-lite/id307170368?mt=8

Sale ends on Sunday night.
05-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Is this similar to the versions that have been on the DS/Wii? I liked those games.

05-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Is this similar to the versions that have been on the DS/Wii? I liked those games.
This is similar to the daily modes found on the DS and Wii versions. The game serves up a single unique puzzle each day to play, with an AI player score for you to beat. As the week progresses, the challenges get harder to beat.

---
Gameblend Studios, makers of:
Make the Cut :: The Princess Bride :: WordJong :: Poker Superstars III :: Hidato
05-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Could you guys add the VS CPU mode as DLC.

Would gladly pay a few extra dollars for it!
05-21-2010, 07:56 PM
got this game 14.5 months ago
05-21-2010, 08:16 PM
I highly recommend getting this while its only .99, this is a very worthwhile game to play and have enjoyed it for a long time.
05-21-2010, 10:30 PM
OMG I've been wanting this game for AGES. So YAY to the sale, WordJong here I come!
05-21-2010, 11:23 PM
It's been my favorite word game for the iPod. Love it. Not to into word games, but it's fun, simple and I like the way it looks. Worth it for 99 cents. Try the lite version, it's extremely well made.
05-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Bought this when it first came out and agree that it is a wonderful word game. Very good pick up for a buck...

But I, too, would have gladly paid more for the Vs. mode that the DS had. In fact after playing it for a little bit I had to dig up the old DS and play the mode I really wanted.

Please add that to the game and take my money...

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
05-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Oh wow... I played this on DS, great game.

Had no idea there was an i-device version, and just bought it for 99 cents. Nice!

Gotta love the app store.