★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Question about submission dates

05-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Question about submission dates

Hey there, I've found all sorts of different answers on this question, so I thought I'd finally make a thread.

As you know, as indie developers, the day or so long time frame on the new releases page is imperative for sales. My question is, if I submit my game, and set the release date for one I know it can be approved by, is that the release date that it will show up on new releases? Or will it simply start to appear in the store, but be buried underneath all the newest ones and not make the new release page?
05-23-2010, 06:24 AM
My understanding is that the date used to determine if an app shows in New Releases is the date that Apple approve the app.
I don't know this for sure, but that seems to be the general opinion from all of the posts I've read on the subject.

To be safe, I set the release date to about a month in the future, then as soon as I got the email from Apple, I went back in and changed the release date to the current date.
My game is now sat in New Releases (Hexius), but it would have been nice if I had been able to choose a more convenient release date.

I would like some clarification on this in the future though - it seems very vague.
05-23-2010, 10:47 AM
So long as the date you set is past the date they finish their review your app will release on that day, starting at midnight, in the new release section. This gives you a greater degree of control in terms of marketing and all that stuff.