★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Is it me or is Apple being a bit slow lately?

02-20-2009, 10:40 PM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 718
Is it me or is Apple being a bit slow lately?

I consider they should prioritize the revisioning of certain apps, at least those of high caliber production. Thats just my 2 cents. Whats your point of view?
02-20-2009, 10:44 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 1,549
I want the job of reviewing apps.. I know I could do it, and I would pick a handful of the elite in the forums to lead the App Store to global domination, in theory

Plus+ ID: Wegmans

02-20-2009, 10:44 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 229
I dunno; i think it may just be because there are so many apps coming out that people want that the anticipation is making it seem longer.

(Sway, Zen Bound, )
02-20-2009, 10:49 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW_GEE View Post
I dunno; i think it may just be because there are so many apps coming out that people want that the anticipation is making it seem longer.

(Sway, Zen Bound, )
I think that's it, they must have their hands tied down with more important things... but still... It's tough for us to see different review times

If Apple said OK well it's 10 day approval process, then we would be fine with that, but there's a big discrepancy in how fast certain games are approved!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
02-20-2009, 10:51 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,249
Well, there are ONLY like 25,000 apps, so I'm sure that's not the reason.
02-20-2009, 10:51 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW_GEE View Post
I dunno; i think it may just be because there are so many apps coming out that people want that the anticipation is making it seem longer.

(Sway, Zen Bound, )
apple probably have to test all the games in case something strange pops up. they're not really nerds. it takes them a while.
02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,513
Or Apple doesn't care. Naw, they wouldn't. Or is it all a conspiracy?

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
02-20-2009, 10:53 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
apple probably have to test all the games in case something strange pops up.
Like when Mr. Smith decides to take his pants off or something?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
02-20-2009, 10:54 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
Like when Mr. Smith decides to take his pants off or something?

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
02-20-2009, 10:56 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
apple probably have to test all the games in case something strange pops up. they're not really nerds. it takes them a while.
That's the whole point of Apple reviewing them, and the usual 1-2 weeks before a game is released.