★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iDracula Questions..

02-20-2009, 11:09 PM
iDracula Questions..

Alright so the game definitely looks like it has some pretty neat graphics.

But what is the point in it?

Do you level up? Are there different levels?

Are there quest type of things to do?

Cuz I noticed that it's #3 Paid app here in Canada, and I want to know if it really deserves it, and if I should pick it up.
02-20-2009, 11:13 PM
But what is the point in it? To survive while killing monsters

Do you level up? Are there different levels? You level up in sorts by getting upgrades/abilities (more HP, do more damage, run faster). You also try to upgrade your guns in the process.

Are there quest type of things to do? Not exactly, there are two very fun modes though. This is more of a pick up and play game.

In conclusion, pick this up while it's still $0.99. It's one of my favorite apps on my iTouch, and would gladly pay any price for it.

My Twitter
Music, tech, and more!

02-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Hmm ok. But also, I noticed the controls looked kind of weird. WHat do you think about them?
02-20-2009, 11:19 PM
The controls may seam confusing at first, but once you play with them for a few minutes you get the hang of them. I like to think of the controls as the analog sticks on a game controller (like a 360's), since they serve the same purpose (one is to aim, and one is to move).

My Twitter
Music, tech, and more!
02-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I like that you can turn off the dual analogs icons (the two wheels) once you get use to where they are, leading to more screen room.
02-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztfox View Post
I like that you can turn off the dual analogs icons (the two wheels) once you get use to where they are, leading to more screen room.
sweet ill try that
02-20-2009, 11:31 PM
It is a great game. Think of Tower Defense games, but far more intense and the game screams attention and excitement. It feels like packing 100 levels of field runners into 10 minutes, with a lot more control, beautiful graphics and music.

You get rewarded with "perks" every once in a while where you get to pick from a random list of power ups.

iDracula easily tops anything out there for your 10 minute breaks.
Judging by your questions, it is probably not the kind of game that you think it is.
But nevertheless it is extremely addicting, easy to pick up and play.

Do you level up? Are there different levels?
There is only one level. But one hell of a level that dosen't end, gets progressively more and more challenging until you die!

Are there quest type of things to do?

You won't remember about this question once you started to play it. It puts you right into the fun rightaway.

Cuz I noticed that it's #3 Paid app here in Canada, and I want to know if it really deserves it, and if I should pick it up.
I think that a lot of people will tell you that it is easily their new favorite game. For only $1 right now, why don't you try it out?

Last edited by gospel9; 02-20-2009 at 11:37 PM.
02-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Controls are great, trust me.
02-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Alright I'll get it. =]

I told my mom that I only wanted to buy a few $0.99 games, but I've already spent $15 xD

Still, it's not that much, the games that I've gotten have been well worth it.
02-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Also, updates are on the way with new levels, weapons, creatures, and game modes (possibly quest sorta thing?)...so I'd grab it before the price goes up to $2.99

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein