★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The popular & addictive puzzle game, with 3 fun game modes! Over 5 million games played so far!

TouchReviews.net - 5/5
AppSafari.com - 5/5
AppSmile.com - 4.5/5
AppAddict.net - 4/5
AppAdvice.com - "Definitely a keeper in your iPhone game collection"
AppShouter.com - "If youre a fan of Puzzle games ... you should definitely pick up Hexius"
------------------------------

Features :

Time Attack Mode - connect matching hexagons as fast as possible, until time runs out - the faster you play, the higher the score multiplier goes!

Level Challenge Mode - collect all the targets to move onto progressively harder levels. The faster you go, the more time is carried over to the next level - find out how far can you go before time runs out!

Strategy Mode - take your time to work how to get the best score in 30 moves, making the best use of Multiplier bonuses.

Game Center - Hexius has Game Center leaderboards and achievements - share and compare your scores with your friends and the world!

Bonuses - make use of Bomb, Reveal, and Freeze bonuses to maximize your scores.

Tutorials - animated tutorials show you the best ways to play each game mode, and how to create bonuses for a higher score.

Addictive gameplay with simple rules, Hexius appeals to both the casual player and puzzle lovers, whilst the subtle tactics required to get really high scores offer plenty to the more advanced gamer.

Universal App - buy once, and play on you iPhone, iPod, and/or iPad (with full Retina Display and iPhone 5 support).

With it's psychedelic visuals, great sound effects, and gameplay suited to both beginners and experts, Hexius will keep you coming back for more!

Download Hexius now, and check out the in-game tutorial - you'll be an expert in minutes!

LordGek's comments:
I'm interested but haven't pulled the trigger quite yet.

05-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Actually looks fun.

05-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Here is a gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
05-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Game Impressions

I grabbed it last night and am having a lot of fun. Definitely an original take on match puzzling.

The basic gameplay has you starting off with any symbol and you then need to click on all other instance of that symbol/color on the board with the spaces destroyed based on the order you hit them all. Make a mistake by hitting a different piece while clicking on all instances of piece and some time will be deducted. The game comes in two modes, Time Trial (make as many points as you can in 90 seconds) and Level Challenges (see how far you can get by taking out targeted spaces with a limited amount of time and only able to gain more time by advancing levels).

4/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Thank you for writing that review, milord. I'm putting this on my watch list now.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Nice game, technically polished, but in my opinion the mechanics of the two game modes on offer don't really provide an engaging enough experience. Both modes feel like you are constantly under the gun from the timer (because you are) and personally with games like these I like to have at least one mode where you are able to relax and have a little more time to think.

Also this needs some kind if leaderboards other than Facebook. Plainly. It baffles me why devs would not add OF to a game like this by default.
05-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Another good looking matching game. I'm going to wish-list this though, been playing too many matching games lately and I'm suffering from a slight overload once again.
05-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Hiya,
I'm Paul from Phasic Labs, and I'd like to respond about why we didn't go with OpenFeint.

The Hexius scoreboards consist of weekly competitions, and all-time high scores.
We did implement OpenFeint, but there wasn't a clean way to implement score tables that reset on a weekly basis.
After a discussion with their developer support, we did come up with a kind of way of doing it, but the results were very confusing when you looked at the ranking tables.
It's a real shame, because I do like OpenFeint, but during testing we found that having weekly competitions was important - people really liked coming back to compete each week with their friends, and also some users found OpenFeint confusing (it does have a lot of options and menus), and didn't want to create yet another user account.

Cheers,
Paul
05-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Will there be added a timeless gamemode in the future?
Maybe how many points can you get in 50 moves or something like that.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
05-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
Will there be added a timeless gamemode in the future?
Maybe how many points can you get in 50 moves or something like that.
I think you might have something here if a move were defined as creating a complete sequence (regardless of number of pieces) or until you hit a wrong piece while making a sequence.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews