Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-24-2010, 03:56 PM
iPad Air

I was an early adopter of this game when it first came out and didn't find out how to restore in-app purchases until about an hour later. In the interim, I attempted to restore my "flame thrower" the same way I restore previously purchased games to my iPhone - by attempting to buy them again. I am usually greeted by a nice message telling me that I had already bought this and could download it again for free. In this case, however, it accepted my purchase (although it did not unlock the flamethrower, oddly enough). I later restored my purchases in the manner described in this thread. However...

I just got an invoice and found out that I was charged again for the flamethrower. Has anybody had any luck with getting in-app purchases refunded or am I out a "buck?"
Old 05-24-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
I was an early adopter of this game when it first came out and didn't find out how to restore in-app purchases until about an hour later. In the interim, I attempted to restore my "flame thrower" the same way I restore previously purchased games to my iPhone - by attempting to buy them again. I am usually greeted by a nice message telling me that I had already bought this and could download it again for free. In this case, however, it accepted my purchase (although it did not unlock the flamethrower, oddly enough). I later restored my purchases in the manner described in this thread. However...

I just got an invoice and found out that I was charged again for the flamethrower. Has anybody had any luck with getting in-app purchases refunded or am I out a "buck?"
Ubisububi: Due to the way that iTunes works, in app purchases in every app are completely separate items. Therefore it's impossible to restore a purchase you made on the iPhone version inside the iPad app directly. The steps outlined in the forum are the only way we can do this at the time, but we hope Apple will introduce more streamlined mechanisms for this in the future. I'm going to send you a private message too, so please check for it. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:31 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman View Post
Ubisububi: Due to the way that iTunes works, in app purchases in every app are completely separate items. Therefore it's impossible to restore a purchase you made on the iPhone version inside the iPad app directly. The steps outlined in the forum are the only way we can do this at the time, but we hope Apple will introduce more streamlined mechanisms for this in the future. I'm going to send you a private message too, so please check for it. Thanks.
Thanks for the reply and your willingness to make things right (I got your PM). However, it's only $1 and I'm not going to sweat it. Besides, I think I picked up TM for the iPhone when it was free so I'm still coming out ahead!

Great job on the iPad version, I hope it sells well; it certainly deserves to.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM

Default Update just approved.

Thanks Ubisububi!

...for anyone on this thread who was having problems with the Shop, please grab the latest update (version 1.4.1) which was just approved moments ago. Once you have the latest update, simply go to Options and tap Restore In App Purchases to ensure all of your Shop items are permanently restored.

Thanks for your patience. Apple was kind enough to expedite the review for our update and approved it in less than 24 hours.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 1.x

HUGE update is out!

Quote:
THIS IS AN EPIC UPDATE!!!

TWO FREE NEW MAPS
Check out LostTemple and Pantheon, two fantastic new free maps added to the Forge of Heroes campaign.

NEW FLAMETHROWER UPGRADE LEVEL
Introducing the Flamethrower level III upgrade, by popular request. Highly effective at roasting aliens on land or in the air!

NEW SPECIAL WEAPON: Proximity Mine
This proximity mine delivers incredible area damage to ground units, and its third level upgrade damages ground and air units.

NEW SPECIAL WEAPON: Flash Bait
The Flash Bait attracts enemies and then stuns and slows them. Use this decoy tower to lure the aliens away from the sheep and ambush them! Works great in conjunction with the Flamethrower and Proximity Mine!

NEW PREMIUM MAP PACK: Moon
Presenting the premium Moon expansion pack! The aliens have extended their conquest to the lunar colony. You must protect the moon base at all costs. Contains 6-all new maps.

FIXES AND TWEAKS
Reduced the number of sheep required to unlock higher level campaigns.
Minor UI and Sound bug-fixes
Old 06-10-2010, 01:47 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Loved this game on iPhone but is it worth being again????
I found that plants vs zombies was but I don't know about this....
Old 06-12-2010, 09:57 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Restoring iPad in-game purchases on iPhone version also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
HUGE update is out!
So now I've made what might be a mistake - purchasing the extra weapons and maps inside the iPad/HD version . . .

How do we transfer these in-game purchases to the iPhone version - when we own both versions?

And should the in-game user accounts be synchronising? Progress in one version transfers to the other?

Otherwise a totally awesome game . . . still addicted since version 1!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:05 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I was thinking about buying this. However there are several dlc packs for sale which could make this pretty expensive.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:50 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

This has been one of my top three apps for ages, I'm loving the iPad version, everything is so much better... Fieldrunners introduced me to and made me a TD addict, despite the vast number of TD games I've bought, this is the only one that's kept me busy...

Keep the extra weapons coming
Old 06-19-2010, 07:15 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

How are the two player split screen matches?