★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Edgar Vigdal
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 41.0 MB
  • Version: 1.45
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: The full version of the very popular chart topping Warblade is now available!!

"Im loving this game! Just awesome!!" - AppSlappy.com

"Warblade An Awesome Vertical Shooter" - reviewmyiphoneapp.com

Warblade is an arcade game with a focus on very good playability. It's a shoot'em up type of game like the old classic arcade game Galaga. Warblade is an iPhone/iPod touch remake of my old Amiga game Deluxe Galaga. A very popular game for the Amiga computer and also as Warblade on the PC and Mac. Voted most addictive game by Bytten.com

The Plot : An alien race is invading the earth and you must travel into space and fight the strange aliens to save humanity. That's the very simple plot of the game, but there is so much more to discover. The game is made with game play as the most important factor, fast arcade fun and lots of adrenaline pumping action.

Some of the games features:

- 100 action packed levels
- Time trial mode with 16 extra levels!
- Openfeint online leader boards where you can compare your scores with your friends scores and see where the top players are located in the world.
- 50 Openfeint achievements for you to get.
- Many ways to control the game: Buttons to move and fire, tilt iPhone/iPod/iPad and fire with button , slide finger across screen to move and fire.
- Advanced profile system
---- Each user of the game can have his or her own profile
---- Record your progress through the game
---- Open up locks to turn on new features in the game.
---- Fastest times
---- Highest scores
---- Highest ranks
---- How many secrets found
---- and much more...
- Auto save and load game
- Lots of ranks to play for
- Lots of secrets and features
- Lots of options, play the way you want to play!
- Life time support!
- and more...

"Im pretty excited: the App Store seems woefully short on good shoot'em up games. Warblade looks like itll be the best shoot'em up game that the Apple handheld is going to get." - CultOfMac.com

"From the title screen right up to the end credits, Warblade simply reeks of quality. Great graphics, sublime sound, perfect playability and addictive action!!" - PC Gameworld

"Warblade is a fast paced shooter which combines new ideas and technology with a classic concept nearly every game player has heard of. Simple to learn yet challenging enough to keep you playing for quite some time. More, please!" - Bytten.com

"If you're a true gamer and you miss the good old days when games were about gaming and not about advancing some cheezy storyline, this is the fix you need! Simple shooting bliss to the novice, but with a wealth of tactical decisions at every turn for the advanced player. Sucks you in like a Hoover!" - 9572AD

ataloss's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

More information about the game...

Warblade website

TA Coverage
05-23-2010, 12:30 AM
Looks great. Gonna try this out.

05-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Wow, this game simply screams quality. Is this a lite version with full to come at a later date or is this a full free game?

One quibble: I'd like to see the option of firing automatically (not only when you hold down the fire button) so the whole bottom of the screen can be used for digital movement controls. If there's a reason why you would not want to shoot the whole time later on (thinking Galaga) perhaps a small toggle button to turn shooting on/off could be added.

In any case, very impressed with the degree of polish on display. No reason for anyone to not download and try this.
05-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Major issue: received a phone call while playing, the game appeared to have paused displaying the pause menu. Upon resuming there was no sound which prompted me to hit the home button and relaunch the game. Pressing the game icon however, proceeded to completely crash my iPhone. This really needs to be looked into and fixed ASAP.
05-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Game Impressions

Thanks for the freebie. Good and precise tilt controls. Runs smooth on iPhone 3G. Built-in mini-games like a Memory where you have to find one pair. Shop in game where you can buy weapon upgrades with play money. I played it for 15 min or so and could not recognize any "Free" or "Lite" restrictions and there is obviously no full version (yet?) in App Store. "Auto fire" in options.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
05-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Wow, this game simply screams quality. Is this a lite version with full to come at a later date or is this a full free game?
Well, for a lite, it's the most "un-lite" lite that I've come across for such a long time. Apart from the crashing bug, which I hope is sorted out ASAP, I think it's the kind of game I've been wanting for such a long time. Perhaps up there with Infinity Gene?

If there's a full version coming, I can't wait! I just can't think what extra could be included... ...hopefully some form of global leaderboard?

Last edited by ataloss; 05-23-2010 at 02:58 AM.
05-23-2010, 03:32 AM
Yes, the game itself only seems to get better the more you play. There's a ridiculous amount of power-ups and upgrades. Definitely looks like a full game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Well, for a lite, it's the most "un-lite" lite that I've come across for such a long time. Apart from the crashing bug, which I hope is sorted out ASAP, I think it's the kind of game I've been wanting for such a long time. Perhaps up there with Infinity Gene?

If there's a full version coming, I can't wait! I just can't think what extra could be included... ...hopefully some form of global leaderboard?

Last edited by Gabrien; 05-23-2010 at 05:49 AM.
05-23-2010, 04:33 AM
incredible, this will soon be ma new fav game

all the features i remember from the amiga classic are there bar the meteor bonus level, altho im unsure if that wa ever in warblade for the pc/mac.

anyways, controls are spot on, visuals are crisp and fluid. theres tonnes of power ups and the difficulty curve is spot on. i beat the 25 levels on my first go but apart from a small free screen, it takes ya back to level 1 to finish off your remaining lives.

this is a great freebie to try and i'll be purchasing on day 1. hope tha wait isnt too long.

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
05-23-2010, 05:39 AM
I really love this game! The only problem I found so far is that it does not let you double the size on the iPad, which is sad because I believe it would looks terrific on iPad.
05-23-2010, 08:07 AM
I will submit a update to the free version today as there are some bugs I discovered after I submitted it to Apple. It's not the full version.... :-) The full version have 100 levels, more time trial levels and lots more locks to unlock in the profile and lots of other stuff. I will try to make the game as good as possible, so will continue to improve it.

Ohh forgot this... There will be a "HD" version for the iPad also.

---------------
Edgar Vigdal
EMV Software AS - www.emv-software.com
Warblade, PocMon, DotBot, Styx, Pixie, iShooting Gallery