★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rock'N'Roll is FREE

10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Rock'N'Roll is FREE

I happened to check the new apps page right when it happened and downloaded right away.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291690961&mt=8
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to fpugirl
Thanks! I'd been waiting for the lite version to try it out, but now I don't have to!

I'm on twitter: http://twitter.com/fpugirl iTD, 7 Cities, The Creeps, geoDefense (i love TD games!!), Supermarket mania, Stone Loops...current fave games

10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey, nice find NotYou! I'm downloading it as i type.
10-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah thanks a lot Notyou! I can't believe that I just got this game for free - it looks awesome!
10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Weird, I got an email from the dev 2 days ago about how my mini review was harsh since the game was 99 cents and asking how I would change it.

I emailed them back yesterday about how they can fix the controls to make the motion sickness occur less frequently and I never heard back.

Then this happens =/
10-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Hate to see this, bought it on releaseday at full prize, 3,99 i think. Will never buy anything from this developer again. Good game, crap to have paid for something that is free now.
10-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Same thing happened to me with Virus. I bought it full price, $3.99 I think it was, and he offered it free for a while (if I remember right) and now it's $.99. I even talked to the dev in these forums a couple times. I don't hold it against him, but I'm leery about buying apps right when they come out now. I bet Nanosaur will be one sale real soon. Pangea drops their prices a lot.
10-15-2008, 03:54 AM
Hello from Tag Games

First of all we hope you are enjoying Rock'n'Roll! We know its going to be too much spinning for some players (I know toucharcade readers have stronger stomachs though!) but we have been pleased with most of the reviews that we've received so far. We do value our customers feedback and thoughts on how we can improve Rock'n'Roll in future updates and releases. VegantTNT I have your email in my inbox and I want to publicly thank you for the detailed response you have given, right now we are talking about your control idea internally and it looks like we will enable that as an option in future RnR games. I will reply to you in person today.

The last thing we want to do is turn off future customers through our discounting activity. Right now every developer is fighting for chart placement on the App Store and it is very competitive! It's just the nature of the beast I'm afraid but I'm sure it will settle down. Rock'n'Roll is our first iPhone title and as such we must try a number of different activities around price and promotion to see what works. We missed something on the Lite version and had to resubmit hence we thought the day FREE offer would keep interest until the Lite version launched.

TSP and VegantTNT we'd like to do something a bit different to thank you for your input thus far... we'd like to include you in a future RnR special edition. So if you fancy being immortalized in a forthcoming game could you PM me so we can work something out asap?

We have a number of cool titles in development for iPhone right now so keep checking TouchArcade for news and perhaps the chance to see TNT and VegantTNT starring in the next RnR release!

Cheers
The guys at Tag Games
10-15-2008, 07:05 AM
The default motion controls are *terrible*. Maybe it's just me, but they seem completely unintuitive and are very difficult to use (yes, I figured out that you don't roll your iPod touch around, you just tilt left and right slightly - they are still awful.) With touch controls, which should be the default, the game plays fine. So far, though, I don't find the game terribly fun, but I'll give it a little more time.
10-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
The default motion controls are *terrible*. Maybe it's just me, but they seem completely unintuitive and are very difficult to use (yes, I figured out that you don't roll your iPod touch around, you just tilt left and right slightly - they are still awful.) With touch controls, which should be the default, the game plays fine. So far, though, I don't find the game terribly fun, but I'll give it a little more time.
Yes, I agree there. The game doesn't seem to be much fun as it is at the moment, and it's purely down to the control method. I am fine with accelerometer control, but the game sometimes feels unwieldy. You should lose a life from not timing correctly instead of because you are fighting the controls. Other than that, I love the surreal storyline and characters, and the graphics and sound are great.