★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Terracore Adventures - Re-Release Promotion of Awesome! >>FREE!<< until Wednesday]

05-25-2010, 03:49 AM
Terracore Adventures - Re-Release Promotion of Awesome! - Just 0.99 cents!

A word from the developers.

G'day everyone.

Chris here from Roo Games. I want to let everyone know of what we've been up-to and talk about the big-ass update we've rolled out to our game Terracore Adventures.

This could really be considered more of a re-release then an update. The game used to be called Mole - Quest for the Terracore Gem!

We have a few reasons to release this game under a new name. We didn't know at the time but in some countries like Australia the word "Mole" is a dirty word and is blocked by apples filters. [comes up as M**E] Needless to say this causes all sorts of issues.

Of course. Changing the name and offering no new content is a lame move. So we went back and spent the time to revise a lot of the stuff people had complaints with and even put in some new content!

Of course. Anyone who owned Mole beforehand can download this update for free. Grab the update from iTunes.

Please read the news below. We have a number of kick-ass promotions coming up over the next week.

Less then $1 until June!

If you really do miss out on the promotion then don't fear! Terracore Adventures will be less then $1 until the 1st of June!

When you think about it. $1 is like..not paying for a can of soft-drink. Please! Give up that one soft-drink and buy Terracore Adventures!

Help me feed my imaginary children...

Help us choose an app icon!

With the update I decided to create a new icon for Terracore Adventures. People don't seem to like it.

Well, I for one embrace the overlord of collective constructive criticism and have decided that I'm in need of your help!

I've mocked-up a few icon ideas. Please reply to this thread [or note me.] and tell me which one you like the most. Do you like the classic purple gem? Or perhaps a mining shovel looks more funky-fresh?

The icon that gets the most votes will replace the current one.

Let me know and by the will of the internet gods it will be done!

But What's New?

One Big-ass Visual overhaul!

After releasing Mole onto the App Store we got some really useful feedback on the design of the user interface and the visuals in general. This was one of the first aspects of the game we went back to address, aiming to give the player a game with a more enjoyable and cleaner presentation.

We’ve redesigned the in-game user interface to be easier to read and nicer on the eyes. All the menus for the game have also been completely redesigned to give you access to more information and options while also keeping the style and visuals consistent.

We also have a new profile screen that has all the players information recorded down:

Power ups!

Special Power-ups are now littered throughout the maps. Hidden in the dirt just like gems and metals. When you come into contact with these power-ups it can bring all the difference to your score and even get you out of some sticky situations. Power-Ups range from Speed boosts to Metal Detector scan distance increases.

Artifacts!

Now strewn throughout the levels are rare and unique treasures! Artifacts hidden from time and just waiting to be uncovered! Will you be able to find all 16 of them?

All these updates will be completely free for anyone who already owns a copy of Mole - Quest for the Terracore gem.

Coming to Update 1.3!

Brand new level: Dimus Caves

One of the main criticisms we got with Mole was that it was too short, only having one level. We’ve gone and produced a brand new ice themed level. Deeper and tougher than the original, Mark will have to overcome 3 new dirt types, hazards and more to find the three Firestone Diamonds! This update will come soon after the 1.2 update.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

Last edited by designerwatts; 05-26-2010 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Change of Price
05-25-2010, 07:50 AM
I *LOVE* this game. There is no reason why anyone shouldn't pick it up, especially for free. Oh, and I like the old gem icon.

05-25-2010, 07:59 AM
This was a fun game, but I deleted it because there wasn't a lot of content. Looks like I need to download it to play it again! The update looks awesome! Grab it while it's free if you don't already have it!

I'm not too keen on any of the icon choices you've provided. I actually like the look of the App Store icon (with the image of the mole with the miner's hat) that shows up in the app info.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
This was a fun game, but I deleted it because there wasn't a lot of content. Looks like I need to download it to play it again! The update looks awesome! Grab it while it's free if you don't already have it!

I'm not too keen on any of the icon choices you've provided. I actually like the look of the App Store icon (with the image of the mole with the miner's hat) that shows up in the app info.
They're changing it because the word "mole" is censored in some app stores and that was likely hurting potential sales.

...how about a poll for icon choice with an option for "other" and people can suggest ideas like how about the digging machine for an icon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
05-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
They're changing it because the word "mole" is censored in some app stores and that was likely hurting potential sales.
Right, I understand, but the mole icon still shows up in the App Store right now. And, I highly doubt that a picture of a cute rodent needs to be censored. It's not like they are using the word "mole". It is still the main character in the game!

Plus, I like that icon the best.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-25-2010, 08:32 AM
I like the new icon of the Mole as well, but I also like the old purple gem. The icon stood out amongst everything else I have.

Question: will the new area (in 1.3) be paid content? If not, will you guys have other games/content for those of us who got the game for nothing to support your efforts? I'm not saying I don't mind getting everything for free, but...
05-25-2010, 09:30 AM
The mole icon is pretty cute...I like the mixed gems too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
05-25-2010, 09:39 AM
I vote for anything that doesn't show off the art. I find the art in this game to be extremely rough and unattractive so I think it's best that you use something simple, like gems.
05-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Ok now you got me curious... Why is the word "mole" being censored? (Seems kinda silly to me)

EDIT: Oh btw I kinda like the old icon vs the new ones
EDIT #2: er whatever the current icon with the mole now is my fave...
(Sorry it sounded like there were two previous icons before this current one so I just wanted to clarify)

Last edited by RonBurgundy; 05-25-2010 at 10:03 AM.
05-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
I find the art in this game to be extremely rough and unattractive so I think it's best that you use something simple, like gems.
Are you serious? If you want to see extremely rough and unattractive art just let me know. You will very quickly take back your remark.