★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Punk Pie
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 36.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: NEWS

Click the 'support' link to find out about compatibility. Aurifi works with all standard installations of 3.1.3, and will not work with *non-standard* installs. Thanks!

A NEW FORM OF PLAY FOR THE NEXT GENERATION

Aurifi is a ground-breaking, beautiful, challenging, rewarding Audio Game.

(Pronounced or-if-eye)

"...an enjoyable and oddly hypnotic experience." - 7/10 BRONZE AWARD PocketGamer

"Aurifi marks the beginning of a completely new genre of gaming" - BornTechie

"4 out of 5 : Download this app if you're ready to try a state-of-the-art audio game" - Snapcase07, Appolicious

"Aurifi is unlike any game available for the iPhone, and is likely the first of its kind for any gaming device." - Appolicious

"Aurifi uses a finely-woven tapestry of sound effects and music to create a gaming experience unlike anything you've experienced before." -TouchMyApps

"5 New App Store Games to Watch" - TouchMyApps (writing of Aurifi)

"Welcome to the advent of audio games on the iPhone and iPod Touch" - N4G

"Really relaxing, great sexy female voice and just so incredibly innovative- 4 stars" - AverageApper iTunes Podcast

It is the first audio-only game for iPhone and iPod Touch.

Aurifi combines the two things the iPhone and iPod Touch do best - music and organic interaction.

What is an Audio Game?

You can play Aurifi with your eyes closed, this is a 100% sonic experience.

In video games, players interact with graphics, moving them, aligning them, and reacting to them. In the Aurifi Audio Game, players interact with sound in very much the same way. Sounds different? It is!

Aurifi is an ever-changing sonic landscape that is breathtaking. At the same time it invites you to react, control, fine-tune, identify and dial yourself into your surroundings. The bespoke musical elements are designed to help you feel moods, emotions and progression.

Aurifi was developed specifically for the iPhone and iPod Touch platforms, to make best use of the devices methods of interaction. Shake, slide and tilt to control the sounds and complete the challenges, and also contribute to the sound.

About the Audio

Video Game makers pour loads of time and effort into making the visual appearance of games spectacular - we have done the same for the audio in Aurifi. Each sound element has been carefully crafted to provide you with a luscious experience that sounds incredible.

You need to wear earphones or headphones to play. Once you are plugged in to Aurifi, you will realise that the game environment is massive - you interact with sounds in a 3D audio environment with intense depth. We have designed Aurifi to break outside of the device, and get away from the limitations of that small screen.

You know that rush that you get when a big beat or bass-line come in on your favourite records? THAT is the reward in Aurifi - as you pass each micro-challenge, you hear another layer of the music, and they are designed to sound great.

A staggering number of audio samples have been written to work with each other. This means we can mix-up the experience, so you very rarely hear the same music twice. No pre-defined musical path here - weve created an entirely new audio game engine to vary the audio experience each time you play.

Like any iPhone or iPod Touch experience, the quality of audio experience can be enhanced by the use of excellent earphones or headphones.

If all this sounds great, but you want to hear it before you buy, go to aurifi.com to listen to the audio demo. Make sure you come back!

Allow yourself to fall in love with Aurifi.

Aurifi has been created for iPhone and iPod Touch by an award-winning team of concept designers, developers, musicians, sound designers and engineers.

DaveMc99's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

http://twitter.com/aurifi
http://www.punk-pie.com/
05-25-2010, 11:58 AM
"You are assisted by your companion, who knows the language of Aurifi, she helps you to learn the language so that you will regard use of this app as a form of indulgence."

05-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Not the first audio-only game. There was one quite a while back -- late '08 or early '09 perhaps -- where you had to match one tone to another steady tone by tilting your device around to change the pitch. I can't recall the name and it wasn't terribly exciting, but it was unique at least.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Looks, or rather sounds, incredibly intriguing. Is there a light version planned? I don't like making five dollar purchases blind... or is it deaf, in this case? :P
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
cool game not the easiest

got this one and it is neat on many many levels im not sure if the controls are a bit unresponsive or if it is to hard or im to crummy but i really like it i think since it says it can be played with eyes closed there needs to be sensitivity and calibration options a little tweaks and this would be a really great game if it goes on sale or a lite version comes out get it unless the mystery gets u like it did me and u got five buck burrning a hole in you pocket i really is good though
05-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Mm, name interesting, this game has. Inspect this, I may.
05-25-2010, 05:51 PM
After listening to the preview they have on their site, I've come to the conclusion that this is overpriced garbage. Ever go to the doctor and put on headphones to have your hearing tested? That's what this is, for $5.
05-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCRX View Post
After listening to the preview they have on their site, I've come to the conclusion that this is overpriced garbage. Ever go to the doctor and put on headphones to have your hearing tested? That's what this is, for $5.
Not to argue - but most people would consider $5 for an audiogram to be a super bargain...

I will have to check out the site though as I always like things that are reasonably unique.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Not to argue - but most people would consider $5 for an audiogram to be a super bargain...
Very true. Except that when an audiogram is over, you get to see the results of how badly second-hand Nickelback has damaged your hearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I will have to check out the site though as I always like things that are reasonably unique.
Based on the description combined with the videos, I get the feeling that this is basically a program that will randomly combine a variety of canned audio loops (drum track, bassline, lead, filigree, pad, whatever) in such away that you have to match one to another by tilting, touching, or whatever. I'm thinking of something like a blind Auditorium-type of game. I'm also thinking this is more novelty than substance; a game that's trying to be different for difference's sake, and maybe trying a bit too hard.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Based on the description combined with the videos, I get the feeling that this is basically a program that will randomly combine a variety of canned audio loops (drum track, bassline, lead, filigree, pad, whatever) in such away that you have to match one to another by tilting, touching, or whatever. I'm thinking of something like a blind Auditorium-type of game. I'm also thinking this is more novelty than substance; a game that's trying to be different for difference's sake, and maybe trying a bit too hard.
The description (granted that it is self-promotion) states that they have quite a number of tracks. I think that this is one of those apps that is either really good, or really bad... It is sort of too bad that the price of admission is $5. If it ever falls, I will likely give it a try. Sometimes these audio apps can really be great experiences (like your apps).

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer