★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: idracula suggestions/complaints

02-21-2009, 12:39 PM
idracula suggestions/complaints

first off i have to say i LOVE this game! it's my number one game right now!! i love it soo much! everything about it screams BEST GAME on the iphone!

however, after playing about 50 games, i looked at my highscore chart and noticed something: all my games last about 4-7minutes, and i never really break past 13,000 - 15,000.

the reason is you just can't go on after a certain point. you die! the monster's get to fast, there are too many on your ass at once, and then the monsters all start to move at the speed of light, and you can't possibly run and shoot and pick up power ups all at the same time to keep you going.

what this adds up to is a very frustrating game at a certain point. you keep playing but after 5 games or so, it's just time to stop as you can't really achieve anything unless you get absolutely lucky with the 'percs', and the weapons.. but you are STILL playing on 'borrowed' time...

i think the game needs to be balanced out better. i think the monsters should be at a constant speed all the time since there are so many of them. it's a bit unfair that you can't reach power ups, or weapons cause you are running and shooting behind you trying to escape the mob. it would be nice for clear cut levels with a certain amount of monsters so you have a goal to reach and you know what you are aiming for. it would make the game that much more enjoyable, and playable IMHO. honestly, i bought the game the day it came out, and i've played it like 50 times now, and i just can't get anywhere with it...

dont' get me wrong.. i love this game. its amazing, and it's fun, and the controls are spot on, and the sound, graphics, weapons, music, EVERYTHING that is there now is AMAZING... but i want to play the game longer, achieve something rather than these intense 3-7 minute sessions that always end the same way. pretty soon, i won't be playing it at all anymore and that's sad cause this game is amazing..
02-21-2009, 12:42 PM
There's already a thread dedicated to this game...
02-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Complaint: to many threads
02-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renton View Post
first off i have to say i LOVE this game! it's my number one game right now!! i love it soo much! everything about it screams BEST GAME on the iphone!

however, after playing about 50 games, i looked at my highscore chart and noticed something: all my games last about 4-7minutes, and i never really break past 13,000 - 15,000.

the reason is you just can't go on after a certain point. you die! the monster's get to fast, there are too many on your ass at once, and then the monsters all start to move at the speed of light, and you can't possibly run and shoot and pick up power ups all at the same time to keep you going.

what this adds up to is a very frustrating game at a certain point. you keep playing but after 5 games or so, it's just time to stop as you can't really achieve anything unless you get absolutely lucky with the 'percs', and the weapons.. but you are STILL playing on 'borrowed' time...

i think the game needs to be balanced out better. i think the monsters should be at a constant speed all the time since there are so many of them. it's a bit unfair that you can't reach power ups, or weapons cause you are running and shooting behind you trying to escape the mob. it would be nice for clear cut levels with a certain amount of monsters so you have a goal to reach and you know what you are aiming for. it would make the game that much more enjoyable, and playable IMHO. honestly, i bought the game the day it came out, and i've played it like 50 times now, and i just can't get anywhere with it...

dont' get me wrong.. i love this game. its amazing, and it's fun, and the controls are spot on, and the sound, graphics, weapons, music, EVERYTHING that is there now is AMAZING... but i want to play the game longer, achieve something rather than these intense 3-7 minute sessions that always end the same way. pretty soon, i won't be playing it at all anymore and that's sad cause this game is amazing..
DUde, stop complaining, the game difficulty should not be changed at all, you just are horrible at it. Here is my high score screenshot:
Click image for larger version

Name:	idracula 002.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1272
12:33
02-21-2009, 12:52 PM
I've played a total of about 7 games and my high score is around 500,000. No offence but I think you might just be bad at the game.

If it's Dracula that's killing you remember to use your crossbow.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!