★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Auto-Fill Thread

02-21-2009, 12:53 PM
The Auto-Fill Thread

Just though i'd start a thread to anounce things in the auto-fill on devices, which means imminent release!!!

I just checked Zen Bound, Sway & Hill Billy...Nothing yet.

Has anyone seen anything interesting or have a game in mind they want checked?

Post it here...
02-21-2009, 01:26 PM
When you go to search, say, on an iphone's app store, you start typing the app you are looking for. You only need to type the first 3 letters, and it will automatically fill in the app's that match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseTreeRobot View Post
What's the auto-fill?
02-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I've found that items already released and available don't show up in the auto-fill right away. What's the point of this thread? Just asking cause I don't know.

Are you saying games not in the store show up there first? If so, I wasn't aware that happened.
02-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Games that have been approved show up in the auto-fill, generally before they hit the app store.

The purpose of this thread is to just simply let others know that there long awaited games automatically populated in the search engine, meaning they will hit the app store shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
I've found that items already released and available don't show up in the auto-fill right away. What's the point of this thread? Just asking cause I don't know.

Are you saying games not in the store show up there first? If so, I wasn't aware that happened.
02-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGill View Post
Games that have been approved show up in the auto-fill, generally before they hit the app store.

The purpose of this thread is to just simply let others know that there long awaited games automatically populated in the search engine, meaning they will hit the app store shortly.
oh

ive got nothing

i tried zen bound for 6 hours yesterday and 6 hours the day before but nothing

*frown*
02-21-2009, 01:59 PM
People actually do this? Hopefully not more than once an hour or two at most. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
People actually do this? Hopefully not more than once an hour or two at most. ^ ^
when i said 6 hours i meant one every hour for 6 hours
02-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
when i said 6 hours i meant one every minute for 6 hours
I figured as much, you sick sick puppy. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
I figured as much, you sick sick puppy. ^ ^
*cry*whine*bark*

i really want zen bound

but i quit my auto-fill job and i appoint YOU to do it

you=who ever reads this