★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Will TapTapDance get an Update?

02-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Will TapTapDance get an Update?

I think this is alot cooler than Revenge, but it needs to be updated with more songs or the option to download more songs via WiFi.

Anyone know if it will get an update?
02-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I doubt it, considering that Tap Tap Revenge 2 is coming out soon for free which will use the same engine as Tap Tap Dance. So that it will have multi-tap notes and hold down notes. Then Tap Tap Dance will only be special because it has some more popular songs now.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!

02-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Tap Tap Dance was Tapulous' way of making us pay for the songs they didn't want to release for free.
02-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I agree, 'dance' needs an update, why have they never updated it?

the free versions offer loads of songs, plus the option to download some, and the paid version offers an extremely small amount of songs, with no downloaded options?

surely, this is back-to-front.

whats going on developers?
02-21-2009, 05:47 PM
They should add this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48
02-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I doubt Tapulous will add an update to Tap Tap Dance. Purely because when you bought it you paid for the more popular and well known songs in it and the new 3D engine. They said when they released Tap Tap Dance that the engine would be included in a new version of Tap Tap Revenge, for free.

They made no promises for any more songs or downloadable tracks.

I'm still happy with my purchase and I will probably play Tap Tap Dance less when Tap Tap Revenge 2 comes out, but I don't mind because I paid for the quality songs and to have the new 3D engine 3 months before everyone else (when it comes out in TTR2).

Sorry to repeat what I already said before I just wanted to make myself clear.

We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
they never update their apps, annoys me when i see my other apps, adding new features, levels, characters etc etc all the time.
02-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Hero View Post
.. or not.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.J View Post
they never update their apps, annoys me when i see my other apps, adding new features, levels, characters etc etc all the time.
They are updating Tap Tap Revenge to have the new 3D engine so that it is going to be Tap Tap Revenge 2. TTR2 will hopefully be out this week or next.

They have also updated Tap Tap Dance twice so far. One time with bug fixes and stability updates and the second added visual enhancements to the Boss tracks. Admittedly they aren't big updates but at least aren't completely ignoring it.

02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
I paid for Tap Tap Dance expecting:
Better songs
better menus
multi touch notes
hold down notes

And thats exactly what I got!What I got add was a superior multi-player.

I'm not gonna bitch about Tap Tap Revenge 2 sounds pretty much like Tap Tap Revenge 1 in the Dance engine