★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Doodle Hockey

05-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Doodle Hockey

Hey everybody. My new game Doodle Hockey is waiting for review at Apple (yup, another doodle-styled game!). I took what I learned from my early App Store hit "Air Hockey" and built a new game from the ground up. I tried to throw in "fun" at every turn. There's particle effects for high-speed collisions & goals, several different flame & smoke trails for fast-moving pucks, fun graphics & sound, and several Easter eggs. So far everyone who's played it has raved about it. The sound alone seems to make people fall in love (...custom sounds from Kaamos Sound - the folks who did Zero Gear).

Like my original Air Hockey, Doodle Hockey has 6 different difficulty levels for 1-player games and lets you play with 1 or 2 pucks. It also has a Tournament Mode that starts at the easiest level and steps up in difficulty through the 12 difficulty/puck combos. It has OpenFeint leaderboards & 1000 points worth of achievements.

Here's a quick trailer showing some of the gameplay & options:

Youtube link | Pop Up

As soon as the game's live in the App Store, I'll make this link point to it: http://acceleroto.com/getDoodleHockey/

If all goes well with Apple, I'm aiming for a release this weekend.

Cheers,
05-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to Greensheep
another doodle game! crazy lol but it does look interesting

Beta Tested Games: Fruit Ninja, Push Panic, Monster Mayhem, Warlords: Call to Arms(Co-op), Airborne Troopers, Max Adventure, Pentagon Defence
06-01-2010, 11:54 AM