Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-25-2010, 11:22 PM
iPhone 5, OS 4.x

Default Omium By NimbleBits

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 05-25-2010, 11:32 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

I bought this and really like it. The game plays great and I love the retro look.

However...since this is a two player game I am a little surprised with the lack of a real score mode for the two players. I was thinking that each player would take a turn sending enemies/being the ship and then the player with the best score would win. (maybe even a best of series). However, unless I am missing something you just play one side or the other and one player gets a score (which isn't saved) and then the game ends. It doesn't swap player positions.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I bought this and really like it. The game plays great and I love the retro look.

However...since this is a two player game I am a little surprised with the lack of a real score mode for the two players. I was thinking that each player would take a turn sending enemies/being the ship and then the player with the best score would win. (maybe even a best of series). However, unless I am missing something you just play one side or the other and one player gets a score (which isn't saved) and then the game ends. It doesn't swap player positions.

I was thinking of picking this up but will wait for more impression and info about the scoring. I would be buying this for the 2 player competitive mode.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I was thinking of picking this up but will wait for more impression and info about the scoring. I would be buying this for the 2 player competitive mode.
Well, maybe I am missing something. This is a two player game only and as such I was expecting to compete for scores. Unless you write them down and then switch sides but that won't be any fun.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 05-26-2010 at 12:03 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 12:09 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Own all NB games but will have to pass on this due to 2 player game. I don't like sharing my pad!!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 AM
iPhone 5, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Well, maybe I am missing something. This is a two player game only and as such I was expecting to compete for scores. Unless you write them down and then switch sides but that won't be any fun.
Just tell one of the developers from nimblebit I know theyre active in the forums I'm sure they would add it in an update

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
Own all NB games but will have to pass on this due to 2 player game. I don't like sharing my pad!!
I wouldnt either lol except for battle mode on dizzypad
Old 05-26-2010, 12:20 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

damn this game looks tight.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:11 AM

I am the developer. I assumed people would just take turns as the ship competing for the better score. I can make it save the best time during a play session probably if enough people want that.

Sharing is caring heffdog! The iPad is the perfect device to share with your friends and have a great time playing games together.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 AM

Just got this and its already my favorite two player game. I def like the idea about a two player mode where it switches back and forth. Another thing that kinda bugged me was that in order to control the ship you have to cover it with your finger. I think it might be better if your first finger controlled the ship wherever you placed and just touching with a second finger would cause the ship to shoot.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 AM
iPad

It should definitely swap player positions as BazookaTime suggests. At the end of each round, show the score for Player 1 and at the end of the Game (or subsequent rounds) show each players score with the winner on top.

This simple addition would make the gameplay infinitely better.