★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mojito
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 26.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: NOW FOR iPAD!

Critter Defense has been given a total visual overhaul for the iPad. A great new look for an acclaimed game!

-=- Discounted for a limited time! -=-

Critters are on the march! And only you can stop them...

Critter Defense is a cute, innovative tower-style defense game that breaks free from the grid and brings players a whole new level of tactical (and tactile) nuance. It's part action game, part puzzle game, and part strategy game. Featuring:

Deadly Enemies - Critters come in a variety of menacing breeds.

Deadlier Towers - Poison! Blast! Mud! Flame! Cannon! And many more.

Social Networking - See how your scores match up against your friends and the world!

In the tradition of games like Fieldrunners, TapDefense, geoDefense, PixelJunk Monsters, Desktop Tower Defense, and Plants vs Zombies, Critter Defense brings strategic depth that challenges your reflexes and your brain. Check it out!

============

Rave Reviews:

"...worth checking out for those tired of the same ol' same ol'." - 1Up.com

"Everything in Critter Defense is beautifully designed and the gameplay is fantastic..." - iPhoneWorld.ca

"This game is full of charm..." - Pocket Full of Apps
05-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Looks okay and plays okay but feels like a cheap flash game. When you hit a bug, there is just a simple zap and the bug dissapears. This lack of real contact makes the game feel a little cheap.

Tower placement is also odd. You can only place a tower by a power source and that area is so limited that it is hard to squeeze in enough units.

Okay game but nothing great.

05-26-2010, 03:57 AM
wow I love how you have still failed to fix the iphone version yet you want to get money from ipad users from this game...

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-26-2010, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
wow I love how you have still failed to fix the iphone version yet you want to get money from ipad users from this game...
I hope that post is not directed to me . Anyway, what's wrong with the iPhone version?

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Are these new maps or the same game?
05-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
I hope that post is not directed to me . Anyway, what's wrong with the iPhone version?
no, at the developer who is on these forums but will not fix the problems within his game. if you get a call or text when playing, you lose your progress, pretty fantastic when you are talking about a TD game that takes more than 2 minutes a level to play. the solution to turn on airplane mode when I play? yeah right you must have lost your damn mind....

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneUser View Post
Are these new maps or the same game?
It's the same levels. We've taken the original game and tweaked it for iPad use. Better graphics. Some UI tweaks.

I think it's so much nicer to play on the big screen.

Thanks!
05-26-2010, 05:43 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
no, at the developer who is on these forums but will not fix the problems within his game. if you get a call or text when playing, you lose your progress, pretty fantastic when you are talking about a TD game that takes more than 2 minutes a level to play. the solution to turn on airplane mode when I play? yeah right you must have lost your damn mind....
This is actually one reason we were excited to port this to iPad -- fewer disruptions. It's easier to hang out and play a game on the iPad for twenty minutes than to do so on the iPhone.
05-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Oh man another fantastic TD in the mix? I'm in the market for one to capitalize on this iPad (I'm on right now) and the decision is not so easy! Good luck with sales, glad to see this ported over!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
05-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
Oh man another fantastic TD in the mix? I'm in the market for one to capitalize on this iPad (I'm on right now) and the decision is not so easy! Good luck with sales, glad to see this ported over!
Thanks, Wegmans! ;-)