★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Skid Racer! receives a great review on Slide to Play ***

Slide to play writes The App Store is the ideal place for simple games that pack a lot of fun, and Skid Racer is a prime example. and goes on writing its definitely worth the dollar it costs..

Limited time Offer! Get it Now 50% Off!

3, 2, 1, SkidRacer! Featuring 3 different championship modes with 9 unique tracks on 3 environments: Grassy hills, Desert storm and Mud pit! Tune the engine, acceleration and tires to get all the power out of your race car. Collect nitro powerups for speed advantage but beware of slippery oil spills! Finally, show of your skills on global high score leader boards.

Ready for speed and excitement? GET Skid Racer! NOW

For more info visit www.kiaigames.com
Follow us on twitter.com/kiaigames

hasio_john's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

05-26-2010, 05:40 AM
Humm, a good looking Super sprint lookalike !
I.... must... not... buy... this...

Oops, too late

05-26-2010, 06:09 AM
This looks kind of fun. I've been playing a lot of PixelJunk Racers lately, and this kind of gives off that kind of vibe, so I might download it

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
05-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Humm, maybe I was tired yesterday but it seemed to me that this game cruelly needed new modes of control like a steering whell (Horror racing anyone ?) or even a simple control scheme like in LilRacerz.

Right now, it's almost unplayable for me.
05-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalim View Post
Humm, maybe I was tired yesterday but it seemed to me that this game cruelly needed new modes of control like a steering whell (Horror racing anyone ?) or even a simple control scheme like in LilRacerz.

I agree with control method. Perhaps it is a matter of getting used to it, but my vehicle kept spinning out of control seemingly for no reason. Looks like a lot of effort went into this game but at this stage I am not going to upgrade to a full version. Hopefully buttons and/or steering wheel are introduced at some stage.
05-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:

Hello. I'm the developer of the game, so thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that the controls feel too hard.

I tested Horror racing and the controls in Skid Racer work the same way as in that game? The way you control the car is that you press in the direction that you want the car to go to. The car will automatically turn to that direction... Or did I misunderstand something in your post?
But anyway I will look into an alternate control with left/right buttons.

Also all other feedback about Skid Racer! is welcome. We'll do our best to improve the game. If you like it, please review it on iTunes
05-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Humm. I'm gonna have a hard time explaining (it would be easier in french )

Well, your control scheme works like a virtual D-Pad where up and down directions are useless (hence the need for a simpler control scheme like the one found in LilRacerz) while Horror racing's control scheme works feels like a real steering wheel.

The difference may be hard to explain so I suggest you play horror racing to see what I mean.
05-28-2010, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Humm. I'm gonna have a hard time explaining (it would be easier in french )

Well, your control scheme works like a virtual D-Pad where up and down directions are useless (hence the need for a simpler control scheme like the one found in LilRacerz) while Horror racing's control scheme works feels like a real steering wheel.

The difference may be hard to explain so I suggest you play horror racing to see what I mean.
Hi Baalim,

Thanks again. I tried Horror Racing and it works exactly the same way Skid Racer does. You press in the direction you want the car to go to. So the up and down directions are needed when driving in those directions.

But nevertheless, I will implement an alternate control for the game
05-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Humm, maybe I was too tired to play.
I have no trouble playing Horror racing while I found Skid Racer almost unplayable when I tried it.

I will try again but thanks already for the alternate control
05-28-2010, 05:15 AM
I am really glad that the dev joined the forum. I'd have to try the game again to see how the existing controls work when used properly.