★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New TouchArcade fans game

05-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Send a message via ICQ to conrem Send a message via MSN to conrem Send a message via Yahoo to conrem Send a message via Skype™ to conrem
New TouchArcade fans game

A new very hot will be on sale soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLr-q2XfA-c

Last edited by conrem; 06-04-2010 at 09:13 PM.
05-26-2010, 06:24 AM
I would like to see a roleplaying game a bit like like Inotia or Zenonia but perhaps more like Ravensword but with new story and better graphics?

Oh, and non-linear.

I've always wanted to be a game designer myself.

05-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Send a message via ICQ to conrem Send a message via MSN to conrem Send a message via Yahoo to conrem Send a message via Skype™ to conrem
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegend View Post
I've always wanted to be a game designer myself.
maybe you can try to make something by yourself =) why not?maybe some sketches ))
05-26-2010, 06:33 AM
I don't have much time for programming at the moment and cannot pay fees for those app making things. I tried some game designer for the pc but we never got that far on it (Required too much precision and very clumsy to make new sprites)

I'm ok at Art I guess. I know my way around a computer but I prefer to leave the "creation" to others while inputting things myself (E.g: If I say "Can you make this sword cool?" I'd like someone to generate that sword in game kind of thing.)

Anyway, I could give you some ideas (that are hopefully non-generic to an RPG) that can start the game off?

p.s I write stories in my spare time so I know what's generic and what's not, lol.
05-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Well, I'm thinking about making something like morezombies? or something like this .. or maybe something else.. i'm not really interested in making $3,4,5 games.
Maybe something not very complicated but with some funny ideas =)

what kind kind of stories do you write?)
05-26-2010, 06:43 AM
I write action and adventure stories, a little like an RPG without swords guns leveling up etc.
I feel there's too many zombie games on the appstore really. Many of them feature some human firing guns at zombies and some others are tower defense like plants vs zombies.

Simple RPG's are possible. I know of 59p good RPg's (excluding Inotia 1 lol) but the main things are that the gameplay is fun and the story is gripping, those 2 things will have you continue to play the game (Graphics is not a problem to some as in the case of Zenonia)

About 1.79 in my GBP terms would get you quite a bit of return (perhaps start at 59p then increase up every few sales?) and allow you to make regular updates in the form of mini-quests and perhaps even have an option for players to buy better weapons in-game (Or just better looking ones)
05-26-2010, 06:52 AM
How about a mix of strategy and shooter, where you have to build an army or base and attack/defend in different missions, but once you've built the army and/or base you control one character in 3rd person or 1st person.

Personally I think this would be awesome and It would be an instant buy

I don't see the point in signatures..... So here's a gun to keep you entertained *""
05-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegend View Post
I write action and adventure stories, a little like an RPG without swords guns leveling up etc.
I feel there's too many zombie games on the appstore really. Many of them feature some human firing guns at zombies and some others are tower defense like plants vs zombies.
well, it should not be a simple zombie game .. maybe another type of design .. something more interesting? maybe something medieval?) something related to the lord of the rings =)
05-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie2 View Post
How about a mix of strategy and shooter, where you have to build an army or base and attack/defend in different missions, but once you've built the army and/or base you control one character in 3rd person or 1st person.

Personally I think this would be awesome and It would be an instant buy
are there any flash games in this style?
05-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Hmm.
So you're thinking of a resource management game for the first half of the "mission" and then the second half would have you watch the battle/fight in it?

Personally, If I was going to do something like this, I would make the first half 2D and then have the second half Psuedo 3D (See Sword of Fargoal for what I mean)

And purchaseable things at 59p (Lowest price) Could be larger maps than you get in regular updates and certain skins for characters such as face paint and different scenery or maps like snow and jungle?

The lite could show first 5 levels in "world 1" or similar. This game sounds like it could be different enough from Wesnoth and others to be accepted.

All we need though is a story. Why are the characters fighting and such? Let's stray away from Mediaevil, that's a bit generic.

Edit: Con, I cannot think of any flash games in this style apart from Runescape but that has no resource management for first half or anything like that. So no.