★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ThumbBlade
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 19.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: It Fell from the Sky, to Harvest Butter.

In the World's first Tower _Offense_ game, control the Mighty DeathTank as it rolls through time and space to harvest Butter from the organisms of Earth.

Construct and upgrade a variety of turrets to pulverize the limitless hoards of the Earth's history!

There are four kinds of turrets, each kind of turret has four levels, including a final Ultimate level with dramatic changes:
Machine Gun, culminates in the Vulcan Cannon
Rocket Launcher, culminates in the Missile Storm
Laser Beam, culminates in the Eye of Horus
Flamethrower, culminates in the Infernal Dragon

Build 16 unique types of destructive turrets!
Pulverize 32 unique types of enemies!

Travel to eight distinct locales in time and space! Each with a unique flavor, unique music, and new waves of unique enemies!
Naples, Italy, 1993 AD
Aonia Planum, Mars, 2096 AD
Juarez, Mexico, 1985 AD
Nile Delta, Egypt, 2400 BC
Yamanashi, Japan, 2010 AD
Lost City of Atlanta, 3001 AD
Kingdom of Albion, 1198 AD
Berlin, Germany, 1945 AD

Successfully complete levels in the Standard game to unlock them for play in Challenge Mode, where you start with more cash, the challenge is amped up, and waves never end!

OpenFeint Enabled!
Compare your death tolls against your friends with OpenFeint! This free service lets you compare your performance to other DeathTank handlers and track your achievements from within the game.

Use OpenFeint to:
Track your scores on global leaderboards
Earn points for in-game achievements!
Find friends and share tips in live chatrooms
Compare scores with your friends
Find other OpenFeint enabled games
05-26-2010, 07:57 AM
haha 5$?

05-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Cheap huh? Who would've thought it all those years ago... that one day in the not-so-distant future you could just turn on your phone and start playing a game for a mere $5!

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-26-2010, 08:15 AM
I don't normally like to make disparaging comments for no reason (okay, that's a steaming load), but what the hell? It's like, there's parts of this that appear to be Enviro-Bear-style intentionally bad, especially with the trying-too-hard-to-be-absurdist premise of harvesting butter. But then the illusion of deliberate crappiness is ruined by apparent attempts at decent graphics. And then the price makes you wonder if it's meant to be ironic ("so bad it's worth $5!") or if the developer really thinks this is $5 material, which would be sad.

I ... I just ... don't get it.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Lost city of Atlanta?!

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
05-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Lost city of Atlanta?!
Never seen Futurama? They even have the correct date when the entire crew went fishing and were pulled to the bottom of the sea, discovering the Lost city of Atlanta. It's more than just a Delta hub, there's the Coca Cola factory too

I agree with Mindfield, this is confusing. Seems like they are not dumb, and may have been trying for some sort of Enviro-Bear "so ridiculous you must experience it" thing. But it'll never catch on at $5.

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
05-26-2010, 03:39 PM
I forgot about the Futurama episode... My bad... Now I only hope that they were being clever with that...

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
05-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Hey guys, thanks for your input! DeathTank is now only $2.99, and we have a new promotional trailer:

Feedback is always appreciated!

David Wheeler
ThumbBlade Inc.

Last edited by ThumbBlade; 05-31-2010 at 06:04 AM.
05-31-2010, 09:18 AM
I loved the futurerama reference!!!!!!