★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Athos
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.3 MB
  • Version: 1.3.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "This game is among the top of physics games Ive played on the iPhone" - 5/5, AppleTell.com

"Toy Physics is fantastic fun! Its great to look at, has truly exciting and challenging gameplay and a lovely style all of its own...An absolute must-buy!" - 5/5, IphoneFreak.com

"Playing Toy Physics reminded me of the first time I saw Toy Story. How quickly I went from thinking it was going to be just a cute kids movie to something much more.", - 10/10, TheIphoneAppReview.com

"If you like games that look great, sound great, operate great, and are a continuous challenge then you really cant go wrong with Toy Physics... its a must have app in my collection" - AppShouter.com

Enter the whimsical world of Toy Physics where you must draw lines to guide the falling toys into the toy crates below. The toys drop from the top and encounter many different types of physics objects on the way down making it challenging for you to get them into the moving crates.

Youll have to think fast and draw lines in the right places to win. There is more than one way to win each level! Your own creative thinking and drawing will be the key to victory.

Toys will interact with spinning objects, spring-loaded beams, hydraulics, water, toy stacks, pulleys, ropes and more. There are all sorts of toys to play with too, including marbles, jacks, ragdolls, bouncing balls and more.

If youre up for the challenge, the toys are waiting

Features:

*Realistic Physics
*Stunning Graphics
*2 Game Modes
*Over 40 Unique Levels
*3 Levels of Difficulty
*Level Selection Screen
*Scoring System
*Leaderboards
*Realistic Sound Effects
*Full Music Score
*Optimized for Smooth Framerate

Gabrien's comments:
Simply the best physics game I've played on the app store. Lite also available.

05-26-2010, 08:05 AM
40 levels... sounds like it might be over pretty quickly? The Ragdoll Blaster games have more but they're relatively quick experiences too.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

05-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Damn. It looks nice -- clean, well-designed graphics --but seeing that it's just turned into a line drawing game kind of put me off. I'd rather a game where I was able to place physics objects instead of just frantically swiping lines to avoid/bounce off them; we've got enough line drawers around here, it seems a shame to waste it on a good physics engine with potential for a more involving game.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Damn. It looks nice -- clean, well-designed graphics --but seeing that it's just turned into a line drawing game kind of put me off. I'd rather a game where I was able to place physics objects instead of just frantically swiping lines to avoid/bounce off them; we've got enough line drawers around here, it seems a shame to waste it on a good physics engine with potential for a more involving game.
You know, I thought the same thing at first. But. Frantically swiping lines will get you nowhere. This game has a depth which makes itself apparent after a little while, and is quite unlike your typical "line drawer." If you spend a little time with it and give it a chance I think it might surprise you. In any case, you'll know either way before the lite's over, so there's little to lose.
05-26-2010, 08:48 AM
defenetly on my watchlist, thanksfor sharing,mate!
05-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Hmmm.... Looks good. Thanks for the thread

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
05-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
You know, I thought the same thing at first. But. Frantically swiping lines will get you nowhere. This game has a depth which makes itself apparent after a little while, and is quite unlike your typical "line drawer." If you spend a little time with it and give it a chance I think it might surprise you. In any case, you'll know either way before the lite's over, so there's little to lose.
I just gave the lite version a try, and it seems to be more or less what was expecting, though the physics are a little lazier than I thought (which is probably good for this particular game). I don't think I was expecting so much movement -- the toy boxes move, frequently along with other level elements. But there seems to be a variety of puzzle solving elements: Weight distribution, angle calculation, springy doors, or sometimes straight up chaos (didn't care for those). But overall it didn't overwhelm me. I wasn't totally underwhelmed either. I was mostly just whelmed. The physics work but feel syrupy. (Again, probably good for the pace of this game but it still felt unnaturally light) The gameplay felt like Pachinko meets line drawing when I was hoping for something a little more Incredible Machine/Rube Goldberg-esque -- or something a little more mentally engaging anyway; this is mostly pure reaction with the physics playing only an incidental role.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko