★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Using User Made WADS in Doom Classic

05-26-2010, 12:39 PM
#1
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: TuoFort, Badlands
Posts: 65
Using User Made WADS in Doom Classic

Does anyone know how to load user made Doom WADS in Doom Classic without jailbreaking and downloading a Doom port on Cydia?

note to moderator: if questions like this belong in a different part of the forum, please let me know.
05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,257
Send a message via AIM to Outkast1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk64345 View Post
Does anyone know how to load user made Doom WADS in Doom Classic without jailbreaking and downloading a Doom port on Cydia?

note to moderator: if questions like this belong in a different part of the forum, please let me know.
As far as I know, you have to be j/b to put the wad in the doom.app folder. i haven't tried doing it with the port on cydia though, it's crap. app store port is much better.
05-27-2010, 11:42 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: TuoFort, Badlands
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkast1 View Post
As far as I know, you have to be j/b to put the wad in the doom.app folder. i haven't tried doing it with the port on cydia though, it's crap. app store port is much better.
okay, thanks. I've been fiddling with the iTunes port, but my biggest problem is that I can't get iTunes to update the game on my iPod.
05-27-2010, 02:08 PM
#4
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk64345 View Post
okay, thanks. I've been fiddling with the iTunes port, but my biggest problem is that I can't get iTunes to update the game on my iPod.
Use Disk Aid....it should allow you to access your root partition and then upload the WAD files to Doom.app without requiring a jailbreak

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
05-27-2010, 03:05 PM
#5
I'm fairly sure DiskAid only allows you to access the media directories. It looks like you'll have to jailbreak.

Either that or email id and tell them to hurry up and release an update that enables this through the interface - their next update is several months overdue already.
05-27-2010, 04:51 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmn02102 View Post
I'm fairly sure DiskAid only allows you to access the media directories. It looks like you'll have to jailbreak.

Either that or email id and tell them to hurry up and release an update that enables this through the interface - their next update is several months overdue already.
No it allows you to acess te root partition...but I think you need openssh which requires jailbreaking.....I just looked this up as I didn't know :P

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.