★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iSpot Japan

05-26-2010, 12:52 PM
iSpot Japan

Time to introduce our new game: iSpot Japan

***Updated with video traler ****

Youtube link | Pop Up

iSpot Japan takes you on a journey across the land of the rising sun, explaining facts and curiosities about Japanese culture, while you play the classic “Spot the Difference” game in the country’s most beautiful locations.

Find 3, 4 or 5 differences in each picture, depending on the selected difficulty level, to unlock all of the locations. Once unlocked, head to the gallery to lean about Japanese lifestyle, local cuisine, historical characters or important monuments, together with their location in the map.

Ranging from southern Kyushu to northern Hokkaido, you’ll get to know all of Japan through exclusive beautiful pictures (no stock photos!) personally taken by the members of our team and carefully tricked to create visually challenging differences.

iSpot Japan is already in Beta version, so expect more details to come soon!

Update (3-06-2010):

Here is the final design of the iSpot Japan's icon, featuring the beautiful Tori gate of Itsukushima

Beta testing is going as planned, so we're aiming for a mid June release.

We hope you find it interesting and look forward to reading your opinions!

Last edited by Undercoders; 06-15-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Updated with video
05-26-2010, 05:24 PM
How many images will there be? That and the price are the deal-breakers for games like this.

Looks gorgeous, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
It is really expensive when you take into account that I spend over £40 a month on games for my iPhone. Get a clue.

05-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto_Machado View Post
How many images will there be? That and the price are the deal-breakers for games like this.

Looks gorgeous, though.
Thanks! The initial release will contain 200 locations, 30 of which will be offered for free and the rest can be purchased in-game as a pack. Price is yet TBD.

All of the images are accompanied by a description and their map location, which can be consulted in the gallery mode once they have been unlocked.
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Updated the initial post with iSpot Japan's game icon, featuring the beautiful Tori of Itsukushima.

Beta testing is going as planned, so we're aiming for a mid June release.

Hope you enjoy it!
06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I like the icon!
06-03-2010, 01:34 PM
In-app purchases? No thanks. That's preposterous, specially for an app like this.

I'll pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
It is really expensive when you take into account that I spend over £40 a month on games for my iPhone. Get a clue.
06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
But its like the game is a lite version and then if you want the full, you go through the in-app purchases. As long as everything is in one purchase, its the same as buying any other game.
06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
I like the icon!
Thanks! Hope you enjoy the game as well
06-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto_Machado View Post
In-app purchases? No thanks. That's preposterous, specially for an app like this.

I'll pass.
Well, as Songbird stated, having a free initial pack and the chance to upgrade to the full game via in-app purchase is virtually the same as having a free Lite version and a full paid one. I can't see how that can be preposterous in any kind of game, since it applies to almost every iPhone title.

To clear things up, the in-app purchase is a single one, containing all the pictures in the game.
06-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercoders View Post
Well, as Songbird stated, having a free initial pack and the chance to upgrade to the full game via in-app purchase is virtually the same as having a free Lite version and a full paid one. I can't see how that can be preposterous in any kind of game, since it applies to almost every iPhone title.

To clear things up, the in-app purchase is a single one, containing all the pictures in the game.
Price of the full version?
For some odd reason people seem to dislike the word in-app purchase without thinking into it too much.