Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #981  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:13 AM
spaceboyo spaceboyo is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 794
Default

I guess this is no glitch but a hidden feature. Why else would mysterious cave be called mysterious cave. Muckle did point towards such a thing last evening...
Reply With Quote
  #982  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
mikeg123 mikeg123 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,195
Default

I see Garfield and Niels have put up some nice high scores. Guess it will be time to get to work at some point today when i get the chance. Kind of nice to be in the position of the chaser again!
Reply With Quote
  #983  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Muckle_Ewe Muckle_Ewe is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPancho View Post
I thought my 567 was pretty great...
How many walls do you "move"?
3. Use all 4 arrows as well.
Reply With Quote
  #984  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:23 AM
mikeg123 mikeg123 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle_Ewe View Post
3. Use all 4 arrows as well.
You must go left at the beginning to get three walls. I'll have to take a loo at that, because the arrows want to send you to the right, so you must do something tricky to keep the ball moving left and down that small opening.
Reply With Quote
  #985  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Muckle_Ewe Muckle_Ewe is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 105
Default

What kind of scores you guys getting on 61 - how to get out?

Can the teleporter glitch be used? I'm on 636 but if the method I'm trying works I'd say I could be on 700
Reply With Quote
  #986  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Muckle_Ewe Muckle_Ewe is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg123 View Post
You must go left at the beginning to get three walls. I'll have to take a loo at that, because the arrows want to send you to the right, so you must do something tricky to keep the ball moving left and down that small opening.
Yep. Hard to describe but involves 3 arrows bunched together.
Reply With Quote
  #987  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:27 AM
mikeg123 mikeg123 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle_Ewe View Post
What kind of scores you guys getting on 61 - how to get out?

Can the teleporter glitch be used? I'm on 636 but if the method I'm trying works I'd say I could be on 700
I only played long enough to complete the level with a 522, so I am way off. I'd be curious how you are going about that level. Are you going to the teleporter, or is there some other glitch based off of iPancho's photo?
Reply With Quote
  #988  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Muckle_Ewe Muckle_Ewe is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg123 View Post
I only played long enough to complete the level with a 522, so I am way off. I'd be curious how you are going about that level. Are you going to the teleporter, or is there some other glitch based off of iPancho's photo?
Teleporter yes. iPancho method no.

Trace the shortest possible path to the teleporter with the door open. That's pretty much my path other that if I could go straight along the very top of the screen. I have the ball going a bit high there...

Should also say my method involves timing with which way the door is swinging when it falls!
Reply With Quote
  #989  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:45 AM
mikeg123 mikeg123 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle_Ewe View Post
Teleporter yes. iPancho method no.

Trace the shortest possible path to the teleporter with the door open. That's pretty much my path other that if I could go straight along the very top of the screen. I have the ball going a bit high there...

Should also say my method involves timing with which way the door is swinging when it falls!
Yeah, I shoot the ball really high through the trapdoor, so I figured that needs to be fixed first. I was going to play with getting it to roll on top if possible, that would probably provide the best score.
Reply With Quote
  #990  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Pappnase Pappnase is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schlaaand!
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle_Ewe View Post
Yep. Hard to describe but involves 3 arrows bunched together.
That's exactly what I have been trying for almost an hour. It is easy to fell the first two walls but then comes the tricky part. Or the other way round if we want the down arrow at the opening.

I am now through the first optimisation round, still some two stars and one single star left, embarassing. Can't find Which way to take.

Is 570 in #69 a good score? Don't see much room for improvement but we all have thought that before, haven't we.
P
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent