★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Big thanks to Apple for the new look and functionality of iTunes!

05-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Big thanks to Apple for the new look and functionality of iTunes!

Wow! Congratulations on a job well done. The new iTunes is breathtaking, but more importantly the visibility of apps has increased immensely. The underbelly of the Appstore is reserved to under performing apps only. Apps now have multiple ways to be found.

A great day for Developers! Good apps have a realistic chance of being purchased now and the charts are going to be more realistic and more competitive. Love everything about the "New" iTunes.

STR8TS , STR8TS 6X6 , DOMINO DICE , PUZZLE DICE,
CAVEMAN TEST, 1 TO 25, SUDOKU+STR8TS, ZARTE, ABSORB WATER, YOU, TIME SHEET (PHOTO VERIFIED),Office Alarm, Travel weather, dock clock,

Last edited by Syndicated Puzzles; 05-26-2010 at 07:33 PM.
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post
Wow! Congratulations on a job well done. The new iTunes is breathtaking, but more importantly the visibility of apps has increased immensely. The underbelly of the Appstore is reserved to under performing apps only. Apps now have multiple ways to be found.

A great day for Developers! Good apps have a realistic chance of being purchased now and the charts are going to be more realistic and more competitive. Love everything about the "New" iTunes.
I'm still undecided. Under Racing games there is now a What's Hot area and the first games listed are three Racing Live "Prestige Points" offerings. I have doubts as to how hot all three of them could really be.

Oh wow, I see Dave is "In The Spotlight" though. okay I guess I approve LOL. The layout is a bit different I must say.

05-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Most of my stuff is no where to be found.

But I did somehow manage to end up in the spotlight in the iPad Word Games section.

Last edited by MrBlue; 05-26-2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: fixed large image
05-26-2010, 08:13 PM
schplurg,

The dust has to settle and the bugs have to be ironed out. We now have a fighting chance to move up and down the "multiple" lists. This was a lot of work and a lot of energy and brain power went in to this new iTunes. Devs have been very critical with the lack of exposure for their apps and Apple did something about it. The new iTunes is a great step and requirement to allow the app store to grow even more.

STR8TS , STR8TS 6X6 , DOMINO DICE , PUZZLE DICE,
CAVEMAN TEST, 1 TO 25, SUDOKU+STR8TS, ZARTE, ABSORB WATER, YOU, TIME SHEET (PHOTO VERIFIED),Office Alarm, Travel weather, dock clock,
05-26-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree. Apple doesn't get enough credit for how they've continually evolved their platform. The App store has come a long way.

Kudos to Apple.
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post
schplurg,

The dust has to settle and the bugs have to be ironed out. We now have a fighting chance to move up and down the "multiple" lists. This was a lot of work and a lot of energy and brain power went in to this new iTunes. Devs have been very critical with the lack of exposure for their apps and Apple did something about it. The new iTunes is a great step and requirement to allow the app store to grow even more.
Cool. I just discovered it so I'll take a deeper look. The layout is cool. I know every time Apple changes something in iTunes it kind of gets done in steps, so I agree that it's probably "in process".

05-26-2010, 08:38 PM
And...it's gone. Looks like this spotlight thing rotates pretty quickly!? Good thing I took a screenshot.
05-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Looks kind of chaotic and random to me. I mean, 1500 featured apps? Like 150 apps in each genre's spotlight? No one wants to sort through that and I can't imagine it doing much to help exposure -- especially considering that most of the exposure comes from actually being on the featured or whats hot list on the phone itself. Congrats to Daredevil Dave, but while seeing the #1 racing app in the spotlight is cool and all, its not going to help out with middle ground apps exposure.

I do like being able to see the top 200 in each category though, especially overall.
05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't see any changes in iTunes, do I miss something??

Start your engines gentlemen, Vector Rally is out!

---
Twitter: http://twitter.com/VectorRally
05-26-2010, 11:03 PM
found it, but no idea how it works?

Vector Rally is still featured under Hot Games, but not under Racing 'Featured'?

Start your engines gentlemen, Vector Rally is out!

---
Twitter: http://twitter.com/VectorRally