★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Surface to Air Mayhem Lite version available.

10-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Surface to Air Mayhem Lite version available.

If memory serves me right, this was reviewed as the best "missile command" game and the full version is available for $2.99

It's a good time to try it out..

This game isn't really for me but I can see how it would work for others. Each level is nice and short, it would be great to play on the go.
10-15-2008, 02:43 AM
It has a very nice feeling to it, but the explosions are too small or the effect of the explosion is too large: Missiles beeing mm away explode as well (or it's the pressure of the explosion ).

I like it. The gameplay seems to be very slow in the first level, but increases in the next levels, where faster enemies arrive and you get level-ups to your weapons (don't shoot at the falling boxes, they are the level-ups!).

I really can't say whether I like Missile Command more. Missile Command feels a bit "bigger" and the sound effects are better. But as Missile Command is situated in a sf world, Air Mayhem has a current war theme. Therefore both games also feel different in sound, weapons, speed and explosion style. While I like the graphical style of Air Mayhem, I prefer the speed and bombastic sound effects of Missile Command.

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
10-15-2008, 07:10 AM
I tried it, but can't say that I like it much so far. I'll give it some more time, but also agree that the explosions are too small and too fast which, to my mind, worsens the game as there is less planning - just shoot what's in the sky. That's it. At least so far.