★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chen Hao
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 11.2 MB
  • Version: 2.00
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Best pool game in AppStore! New game modes added!
Amazing offline and online experience!

More than 2 million downloads worldwide! 3D Pool Master has been very well received hitting #1 in many countries! We have incorporated many of your suggestions in this latest version which now includes:

8-Ball, 9-Ball, Snooker, Mini Game and more game modes
Realistic 3D effects and physics
Great AI players
Instant playback to see game session of top players
Multiple play modes: single, 2 players, online and mini-games
Touch control for moving the stick and placing cue ball
Global ranking, see how you stack up against other players
Interact with other players via simple chat phrases
Play in practice mode while waiting for online opponents
Nice background music and sounds
Switch music tracks by shaking the device

We will refresh the tables often in Challenge mode so play often to get yourself to the top of the rankings!

Please leave us a comment to let us know how we can make the game better!
05-27-2010, 02:19 AM
First impressions:

This is a clean fairly simple game of 3D pool. You can play single or online. The graphics are pretty nice and the UI is clean and easy to navigate.

Aiming the ball is easy and straightforward, which is great for quick paced online play. You can go from a full table view to a zoomed in shooting perspective. Would be nice if you could focus the camera somewhere in between these two extremes.

You can adjust the spin on the cueball left, right, up and downside. Unfortunately side spin seems to have no effect on the ball. Even with extreme side spin or English, the cueball will bounce straight off the cushions and I didn't notice any "throw" capabilities either. You can apply backspin and follow however.

The table is a little slow. It would be hard (if not impossible) to do a full table length bank shot. I think the table should be a little faster.

The AI is pretty weak though maybe it ramps up as your online rank improves. I saw no indication of this though.

Online features a challenge mode where you can select an opponent, or lobby where you can jump into a quick game. In challenge mode you can see the players rank and stats. This game is brand new and there are only a few other people online so I can't get a full featured experience so I'm probably missing some things here.

You can chat, kind of. There are built in chat phrases you can tap, but you can't type at all. It's okay though, typing may slow down the game as well as get a bit nasty.

Overall this is a good and easy game to jump right into, especially for multiplayer. The pockets are a good size (I don't know if there are multiple tables with different attributes). It's not quite a sim, but with more realistic ballspin it sure would be. It's about the only thing missing from making it one.

The controls are simple, which is good. I am a very good pool player in real life and this is a nice game which falls in between a sim and an arcade style game (closer to sim I guess). Should be easy for beginners to pick up.

Last edited by schplurg; 05-27-2010 at 02:26 AM.
09-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Big improvements in latest version

The latest version has a faster table and much stronger AI players whereby they seem to make some impossible shots sometimes. More importantly, they included 8-Ball, which is a huge plus. The developer has also added some additional music. Shake the phone to switch music tracks, a nice touch. The first version was a good start and now they have improved upon it. Hope they can continue to improve the game with future releases.