★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

ON SALE for a only a limited time! 75% off!!

Play 3D beach volleyball with the 2004/2008 Olympic Gold Medalists Misty May-Treanor & Kerri Walsh and 2008 Olympic Gold Medalists Todd Rogers & Phil Dalhausser in the only official AVP beach volleyball game for iPhone and iPod touch.

- Full 3D graphics, smart sounds, motion capture (MoCap), physics, and aiming by tilting set AVP Gold far above other iPhone games and capture the spirit of AVP Pro Beach Volleyball.
- Full motion in game cameras add to the action and give the feel of being at an AVP Tour Event!
- The crowd cheers, players celebrate and the action never stops!

Play with or against the four Olympic Gold Medalists in the different game modes to earn game achievements!

- In Regulation Mode, choose your Superstar Team. Choose from different skill levels of opponents and choose the points you would like to play to. The Olympians are easy to play and hard to master.
- In Time Attack Mode you play against the Superstars in a race against time. The better you play the longer you last. Beware the Olympians dont know how to lose, so its up to you to figure out a strategy against some of the best Pro Beach Volleyball players of all time. Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor hold the longest winning streak of all time.

Choose your sand: California, Mexico, Australia and the Tropics. AVP Pro Beach Volleyball, amazing athletes and beautiful world class beaches are where the games are at! Sunscreen required.

Get AVP Information, AVP History and view the 2010 AVP Tour Event Schedule all in the game! Also, find out more about these amazing athletes and read about their careers!

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO of the Olympic Gold Medalists included in the game:
Watch the Olympians in action - exclusive video of each of the Champions included in the game!

Visit www.AVP.com for more information on The AVP.

freedog's comments:

05-27-2010, 04:48 AM
This is not the game (I don't think), but here is a video of what looks to be the same game just themed differently? I'm not 100% sure..

Youtube link | Pop Up

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch

05-27-2010, 06:07 AM
i believe it is an evolution of the same game. A lot of gameplay changes were made at the time, I have the beta for a Pro Beach Volleyball Gold still on my device, it had a number of huge improvements over the original game, and a couple more were in the make. I'll get this later today but won't be able to play until this evening, if I'm lucky. I'm not going to make any judgement yet but the beta I have was already a lot of fun.

It seems the long delay has resulted in some official endorsement for the game from AVP and pro players, and that's probably why the game is relaunched as a separate app rather than an update. (Rise, moaners! ). I have been praying for this to be realeased especially with another volleyball game recently trying to break through that's not really my cuppa.

Congrats Charles!! (if it's still you, or Maybe I forgot your name in the meantime but I know who you are!)

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...

Last edited by 'Jeep; 05-27-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: corr.
05-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Aww...AVP=Alien vs Predator.
05-27-2010, 07:33 AM
I want to see the Alien play the Predator at a game of Volleyball. I'll bet the predator has one hell of a spike.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-01-2010, 10:40 AM
AVP GOLD Has Launched!

Soarion Studios is proud to launch the new game AVP GOLD Beach Volleyball!
Here is the trailer/promo:

Charles Joyner
06-01-2010, 10:44 AM
AVP Gold Beach Volleyball Press Release

Here is the AVP GOLD Press Release:

AVP GOLD Beach Volleyball, Launched Today, Offers Authentic Competition
for Serious Gamers and Die-Hard Sport Fans

Only Official AVP Beach Volleyball Game for iPhone enables fans
to play as or against Olympic gold medalists

HOUSTON (June 1, 2010) Want the close-up action and excitement of pro beach volleyball with access to the gold medal players? Released today, AVP GOLD Beach Volleyball, delivers a realistic and fun game --- right into the hands of both serious and casual gamers and die-hard volleyball fans. Developed by Soarion Studios, a third-party software development company, the new mobile game is the only official AVP Beach Volleyball Game for iPhone.
Offering an impressive number of game options and exclusive AVP content, this exhilarating game gives players the opportunity to compete as or against Pro Beach Volleyballs American Olympic gold medalists in a choice of four of the worlds most beautiful beach settings. The action-packed AVP GOLD Beach Volleyball game is now available for download through iPhones App Store or at Apples iTunes Store for $3.99.
The AVP is proud and excited to partner with Soarion Studios and our four gold medalists, Misty May, Kerri Walsh, Todd Rogers and Phil Dalhausser, to produce the AVP GOLD Beach Volleyball iPhone app, said Canyon Ceman, AVP vice president. This exciting game will make the sport of pro beach volleyball, our AVP brand, and our elite athletes more current and relevant in the minds of our passionate core fans, and it will bridge the gap to the young and growing gaming generation.

Jam-packed with tons of addictive features and game play, AVP GOLD Beach Volleyball promises to energize gamers and keep them entertained. RAH! Amazingly realistic sound effects let the player experience the exhilaration of the crowds going crazy. Motion Capture (MoCap) technology lets the player set, block, spike or lob over the attacking opponent with a full 3-D environment that allows cameras to catch every angle. BOOM! A perfectly hit spike shakes the camera. While beginners may choose to play in Regulation mode, allowing them to choose their opponents skill level and total game points, more experienced gamers can try to beat the clock in Time Attack mode which increases the challenge and takes AVP GOLD Beach Volleyball to a whole new level.
--- more ---

We believe that AVP GOLD Beach Volleyball captures the true spirit of the sport, said Judi McGee, president of Soarion Studios. Because our developers are serious gamers, we also incorporated the latest in gaming technology, making it our most exciting, challenging and innovative gaming experience to date.
The exciting partnership with the AVP allowed Soarion Studios to build a complete pro beach volleyball experience where fans and gamers alike can view unique content, including AVP information, history and the 2010 event schedule. In addition, exclusive video lets players get up close and personal with each of the games featured Olympic gold medalists.
With so many options and features, players can create a different game almost every time, added McGee. We believe its a game everyone will play over and over.
To purchase AVP GOLD Beach Volleyball, visit Apples iTunes Store.
About Soarion Studios
Texas-based Soarion Studios, LLC, is an independent game development company operated by well- known industry experts who have created major titles in video games. With offices in Houston and Dallas, Soarion Studios develops and produces Advergames, MMOG and iPhone games. For more information about Soarion Studios, visit www.soarionstudios.com or email press@soarionstudios.com.
About AVP

AVP, Inc. is a leading lifestyle sports entertainment company focused on the production, marketing and distribution of professional beach volleyball events worldwide. The AVP NIVEA Tour is set to stage 12 events throughout the United States in 2010 featuring more than 150 of the top male and female competitors in the sport. AVP athletes won both the womens and mens gold medals at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, marking the first gold medal sweep by a single country in the history of Olympic Beach Volleyball. AVP is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. For more information, please visit www.avp.com.
06-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm intrigued...has anyone tried this?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
AVP GOLD iTunes Link and Game Description

Here are the App Store Links:

Short link:
That's short for this:

Charles Joyner

Last edited by Soarion Studios; 06-01-2010 at 11:06 AM.
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Funds are low, but if someone here gives a glowing recommendation I may be swayed...I've got a TON of sports games, but there's no vollyball on my device. Decisions decisions.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!