★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Symbol6 - unique puzzle/matching game $2.99

02-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Symbol6 - unique puzzle/matching game $2.99

My name is Jónas Antonsson. My company, Gogogic, just released its first iPhone game, called "Symbol6". So far, we‘ve been really happy with early reactions. An online version is available (adobted and adjusted for browsers).

Symbol6 is a classic casual game. You are supposed to swap symbols on a hexagon so they match symbols that come flying in from the edges of the screen.

Youtube link | Pop Up

App Store Link
Official Symbol6 site
Symbol6 - Online version

Gogogic blog
Gogogic site

Game Features

Symbol6 features a unique puzzle game mechanic, specifically designed for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. It is easy to learn but difficult to master. The game is easy, fun and casual, all at once - perfect for breaks, planes, trains or anywhere you find yourself in need of fun.

About Gogogic

We want to focus on this platform because we really feel it has huge potential for new, innovative, fun games. We've got a lot of great concepts going into production So, there is more to come. We even wrote a blog post that gives readers an inside look into our concept and design process.

Hope you'll enjoy the game

Last edited by jonasantonsson; 02-27-2009 at 04:12 PM.
02-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Wow, this is really weird, but I was literally 30 seconds ago on your app store page after I followed a link from Nurikabe Full. I'll be interested to try out the web version.

02-21-2009, 05:48 PM
I played the online version and touch controls would definitely make this game better. It's a well suited puzzle game for the iDevice

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
I played the online version and touch controls would definitely make this game better. It's a well suited puzzle game for the iDevice
Yeah, I just played the web version and I agree. Seems to have a lot of polish, but not much content. Doesn't seem much like a puzzle game to me but I'll keep an eye on it and get it if it hits my price point.
02-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah, that's actually the reaction that we're hoping for when people play the online version. We want players to recognize that Symbol6 is specifically designed for the iPhone and iPod Touch devices and just by playing with the game online, they'll get the idea of how fun this must be on a touch screen - flicking symbols with their fingers
02-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Funny, that you were just at our page in the app store

But I think we might have to state somewhere that there are added features in the iPhone version. The online version is our "lite" version. We're also wondering if an adoption from iPhone to web can be as powerful as an adoption from web to iPhone.

But the important thing to remember is that we're adopting a mechanic that's designed for a touch screen to the point and click of the mouse.
02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
puzzles are coming too fast in the online version.
02-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Played the online version, it truly is a fantastic game.

Looks stressful at first, but it's actually quite fun and not that bad.

I can imagine this being even better with the touch controls of the iDevice.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Here's a video that shows the iPhone version, along with all the major differences from the online version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEhe7pXdXnc

And this is an ****** review for Symbol6 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4Zu...eature=related
02-21-2009, 06:24 PM
It's pretty fun. I bought it the day it came out. It's really a well made game. Any game that has as nice a presentation as this game is usually pretty good. It gets pretty intense. It's kinda similar to frenzic as things really speed up fast and its really hard to keep up.

Honestly I wish more games came with this kind of polish.