★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: PlanetOne, the 'Retro' 2D Platform game that was inspired by the early great plumber and hedgehog games. You must take the little blue man through 22 unique levels, defeating 4 bosses while collecting keys in each area to open gates.

*User Review's

Very fun platformer! - Really cool 2D side-scrolling platformer! Nice graphics and smooth game play. Level difficulty is challenging without being over the top. With 22 levels, this game gives you alot for the price. Check it out!

Awesome!!! - This game is Awesome!! Very very addictive. One of the best side scrolling game. Brings back fun memories:)

Your goal is to take back the 'Maya" (The life force of your planet), which was taken from your people. But its not just a walk in the park, there are a bunch of different baddies trying to stop you and you are under the clock. Don't get the "Maya" fast enough and you must try again.

You can choose to play the level on an easy time limit or if your an expert gamer attempt it with the hard time limit. But which ever you choose your fastest time will be remembered so you can also try to beat your own best or your friends best time.

And to make all of your efforts meaningful, PlanetOne uses OpenFeint for its world Leaderboards, so you can see how you rank against all the players, both with your score and your times.

Now this sounds like a great game as is, but there is an added touch with a hidden Gem in each level. If you find these hidden gems you will get OpenFeint Achievement Points. Some gems are easy to find and some will puzzle you on where they could be.

You can be the one to save PlanetOne!

Features:

- 22 Unique Levels
- 4 Castles with Bosses
- OpenFeint Enabled
- Online highscores
- 45 Achievements to unlock
- Facebook and Twitter integrated
- Easy and Hard time limits
05-27-2010, 12:05 PM
*Rubs eyes* WTF?!?!?! A bootleg Kirby. Ha!

05-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Interesting, waiting for comments. Definitely maybe!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
05-27-2010, 12:12 PM
PlanetOne - The 2D Platformer Game - Available for Download

PlanetOne Game Description

PlanetOne, the 2D Platform game that was inspired by the early great plumber and hedgehog games. You must take the little blue man through 22 unique levels, defeating 4 bosses while collecting keys in each area to open gates. Your goal is to take back the 'Maya" (The life force of your planet), which was taken from your people. But its not just a walk in the park, there are a bunch of different baddies trying to stop you and you are under the clock. Don't get the "Maya" fast enough and you must try again.

You can choose to play the level on an easy time limit or if your an expert gamer attempt it with the hard time limit. But which ever you choose your fastest time will be remembered so you can also try to beat your own best or your friends best time.

And to make all of your efforts meaningful, PlanetOne uses OpenFeint for its world Leaderboards, so you can see how you rank against all the players, both with your score and your times.

Now this sounds like a great game as is, but there is an added touch with a hidden Gem in each level. If you find these hidden gems you will get OpenFeint Achievement Points. Some gems are easy to find and some will puzzle you on where they could be.

You can be the one to save PlanetOne!

Features:

- 22 Unique Levels
- 4 Castles with Bosses
- OpenFeint Enabled
- Online highscores
- 45 Achievements to unlock
- Facebook and Twitter integrated
- Easy and Hard time limits

Game Website: http://www.PlanetOneGame.com

ScreenShots:

Game Play Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmCIcomgxMo

Thank you for everyones support !!

PlanetOne is now Available for Download. Only $0.99 !!

Download Link: Download Now

LITE (Demo) Version Download Link: Download LITE (Demo) App

Last edited by PaulsonApps; 06-09-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: updated images
05-27-2010, 12:14 PM
bought this due to my general love of all platformers and its really good so far

if you like old school platformers ala mario, sonic, etc... you will really like this game.

there are 3 different gems which give your character different power ups. one is super jump, one is a roll attack, etc. collect the coins/keys, then make it to the end of the level. openfeint enabled as well

my only knock is that the interface is rather ugly when you start the game, but that does not take away anything from the gameplay so its not a big deal

looks to have quite a few levels as well, definitely worth the buck!
05-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
this actually looks awesome!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
This looks very nice. I love the retro style and it sure looks like you put a lot of work into the game. The one thing that jumps out at me though is the size of the controls. They look rather large, and square. I know that is the look you are going for though. Just might be worth a shot though.
05-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm a huge supporter of platform games. The more the better in my opinion. This looks like a cracker, obviously the hero is a Kirby clone, but I can't blame you for choosing such a cute character to pay homage to. Well done to you guys!

Invaders Must Die.
05-27-2010, 12:25 PM
The main character looks like a ripoff of Kirby, no offense :P
you should consider making movement momentum.. The sudden stops and gos makes the game look.. Blah.

I'll consider buying this..

OpenFeint/Plus+/Crystal/GameloftLive:- OctopodSquad

Add me if you want!
Do it.
05-27-2010, 12:30 PM
A few comments now about Kirby..hahah...I made it a mutant one eyed version. I am not an artist and could not afford to hire one....so it was something I could handle to draw and animate....but it is a cute character so I like having him. Don't think it should detract from wanting to play the game.