★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Localization (translation) not taking effect in iTunes after 5 days, ideas?

05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Localization (translation) not taking effect in iTunes after 5 days, ideas?

We recently updated our app info in Japan with a translated version of the description, however, five days later the translation has still not taken effect in the Japanese app store, where it is still in English. We submitted all the necessary info, updating screen shots, icon, keywords, etc with no error messages from iTunes Connect, yet still, no go. In the iTunes Connect "summary" page everything looks in order and there is a nicely translated Japanese page.

Any ideas? I emailed Apple but haven't gotten a response yet and we really need this to take effect now while we're in the top 25 in Japan.
05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
We recently updated our app info in Japan with a translated version of the description, however, five days later the translation has still not taken effect in the Japanese app store, where it is still in English. We submitted all the necessary info, updating screen shots, icon, keywords, etc with no error messages from iTunes Connect, yet still, no go. In the iTunes Connect "summary" page everything looks in order and there is a nicely translated Japanese page.

Any ideas? I emailed Apple but haven't gotten a response yet and we really need this to take effect now while we're in the top 25 in Japan.
Don't worry about it, it's really there. You just don't have your computer set to the Japanese language. This question comes up multiple times a year, with the exact same description you're giving. It's there, you just can't see it without switching languages.
05-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the reply But, you think so even though I can see other app descriptions in Japanese?
05-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Thanks for the reply But, you think so even though I can see other app descriptions in Japanese?
Which apps are you seeing in Japanese?
05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
If I switch to Japanese in the System Settings, and then start iTunes and go to the Japanese store, I see this for your app:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Window capture 31.png
Views:	12
Size:	435.5 KB
ID:	18624  
05-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Wow thanks! I think I figured out why some are Japanese and others aren't for me. I'm only seeing Japanese for those games which have no English translation, so it just defaults to Japanese. Any app with an English localization will show English as the language if that's what the system is set to -- which in hindsight is obvious >_<. I thought it was based on the actual country store you went to, not the language you are set to. Thanks so much for the help!