★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Want to make the OFFICIAL Keyboard Cat App?

05-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Want to make the OFFICIAL Keyboard Cat App?

Yes, the OFFICIAL Keyboard Cat is looking for a great, cool developer to help build the best Keyboard Cat App ever!

This is completely licensed and OFFICIAL and a chance to work with the most famous cat on the internet!

The ideas are awesome, and we look forward to yours!

Please send examples of work and something about yourself to benlashes@gmail.com

Thanks!
05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
I have no idea who you are or how this is official. As far as I know, Charlie Schmidt created and owns keyboard cat- he is a graphic artist, performance artist, painter, musician and actor in my city (Spokane Washington). So I have no idea what your association nor relationship would be with Charlie. I could probably contact him myself- he isn't an unknown person in this region.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone

05-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickitty View Post
I have no idea who you are or how this is official. As far as I know, Charlie Schmidt created and owns keyboard cat- he is a graphic artist, performance artist, painter, musician and actor in my city (Spokane Washington). So I have no idea what your association nor relationship would be with Charlie. I could probably contact him myself- he isn't an unknown person in this region.
Glad you are leary, and you are right! Charlie does own Keyboard Cat and is an amazing artist that I have the pleasure of working for. You can see that the same email address from my original post appears on his official YouTube page under inquiries: http://www.youtube.com/chuckieart This is completely authorized, official, and it's going to be awesome!

email: benlashes@gmail.com
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Cats and pianos, together in an app? It'll never work.
05-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Blasphemy I say! Kittens do not belong on the appstore!

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
05-28-2010, 02:36 AM
What is a Keyboard Cat?

It's fun to put a bunch of cats inside a grand piano and start banging the keys, but I'll bet you're referring to something else

Honest question though.
05-28-2010, 10:27 AM
It'll work and could go 'huge' if done right tbh, its got the 'YouTube' appeal that LOLCats and other stuff has, heck I've seen a keyboard cat video and I'm 38 ...

I'd opt for basic 'keyboard app' - you play it yourself by pressing the buttons and setting the tune (with some 'pre-set' tunes available also for the musically impaired) .....

Then you simply click a button and watch an animated 'keyboard cat' play the same tune on piano - would be easy enough to do I'd expect and the 'standard' of animation doesn't have to be amazingly high as its one of those cool idea, fire and forget viral approaches - 59p app (or free with adds or in-app purchase of some description), rely on volume.
05-28-2010, 06:29 PM
"What is a Keyboard Cat?"

http://www.youtube.com/chuckieart

Last edited by yourfriend0; 05-28-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: quote added
05-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfriend0 View Post
"What is a Keyboard Cat?"

http://www.youtube.com/chuckieart
uh...ya.
05-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Well it helps if the link actually goes to the correct video:

Keyboard Cat

Keyboard Cat was originally filmed over a decade ago, and the original cat has since passed on. The cat became a meme and media sensation about a year ago, often attached to other videos where someone does something extremely stupid and the video ends with "play 'em off, keyboard cat".

How you would make an app out of this, I have no idea. But that really isn't my task.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone