★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Frank Saar
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Relax and have hours of fun with Brickster. Break your way through countless levels in various locations. Use your abilities to fight your enemies, evade hidden traps and unveil forgotten treasures. Brickster can be played anywhere, making it enjoyable for newcomers and advanced players alike.

Features:
- numerous large levels.
- outstanding graphics & special effects
- lots of smooth animations
- innovative character gameplay

Devilishly Good's comments:


05-27-2010, 06:31 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: In a van...down by the river!
Posts: 480
Dang...this looks pretty good. Have you tried yet DG?

05-27-2010, 06:33 PM
#3
Video is great - but of course as always my question would be about the controls. I wish they showed actual game play. Bad controls in a game that looks like it requires good timing are an awful mix.
05-27-2010, 06:35 PM
#4
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: In a van...down by the river!
Posts: 480
I think this might be a tilt and tap game which can be better sometimes.
05-27-2010, 06:37 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Video is great - but of course as always my question would be about the controls. I wish they showed actual game play. Bad controls in a game that looks like it requires good timing are an awful mix.
Agreed.


Looks a little like Lode Runner.
05-27-2010, 06:56 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 9,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post
Dang...this looks pretty good. Have you tried yet DG?
nope, haven't tried it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
05-27-2010, 07:37 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: VIrginia
Posts: 245
Hmmm

Sure does, and you can fight which was every lode runners dream!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Agreed.


Looks a little like Lode Runner.

Where ever you go, there you are...
----------------------------------------
You had me at universal...
ipad2 & iPhone 5
05-27-2010, 07:54 PM
#8
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: In a van...down by the river!
Posts: 480
Well, I picked it up to give it a try. After about 10 minutes of play...I'm not sure. You control the character with taps. Tap on ladder, he moves there. Tap on floor above he'll move there. It's a very slow paced game as the character walks everywhere (no jumping) very slowly. There is a running power up that last maybe 10 or so seconds and then that feels a bit better speed and more natural.

There's also a fireball power up in which you need to double tap at precisely the right time to have it kill an enemy. I'm finding the enemy AI is actually pretty good. If you elude them by breaking a brick beneath them and they don't die right away they will continue to track you down. That part is pretty good.

Aside from the temporary power ups you collect bags of gold. To what end I'm not sure yet. I'm going to keep at it later tonight and see if this thing is any good. So far it's kind of difficult to get the hang of timing just right. I've played for 10 minutes and haven't gotten past level one yet. One positive is that the levels are pretty darn big.

More to come if interested.

Last edited by RiverOnFire; 05-27-2010 at 07:57 PM.
05-27-2010, 08:05 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post
Well, I picked it up to give it a try. After about 10 minutes of play...I'm not sure. You control the character with taps. Tap on ladder, he moves there. Tap on floor above he'll move there. It's a very slow paced game as the character walks everywhere (no jumping) very slowly. There is a running power up that last maybe 10 or so seconds and then that feels a bit better speed and more natural.

There's also a fireball power up in which you need to double tap at precisely the right time to have it kill an enemy. I'm finding the enemy AI is actually pretty good. If you elude them by breaking a brick beneath them and they don't die right away they will continue to track you down. That part is pretty good.

Aside from the temporary power ups you collect bags of gold. To what end I'm not sure yet. I'm going to keep at it later tonight and see if this thing is any good. So far it's kind of difficult to get the hang of timing just right. I've played for 10 minutes and haven't gotten past level one yet. One positive is that the levels are pretty darn big.

More to come if interested.

Thanks for the input. I will pass even though I love the look of this game. The controls will not work for me I don't think.