★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Enjoy over 150 solitaire games, with a simple graphic, touch interface. Rich graphics and smooth animation enhance your game-play experience in 3D.

Features:
- Tilt to play in portrait or landscape view
- Listen to your music while you play
- Multiple card decks and card backs
- Unlimited undo/redo with slider bar
- Highlight playable cards, zoom, fan out piles
- Drag cards, or tap to auto-move
- Options for auto-play, auto-flip, relaxed rules
- View game rules, statistics, and much more

mlkaufman's comments:


I got this a couple of years ago for the iPhone, and I thought it was good, but somewhat cramped. It just came out for the iPad, and it is just perfect. Kudos to the developer for making it an universal app.
05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
Graphics are sweet!

05-27-2010, 10:57 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,768
I think he had an app out for the Palm. I got Klondike and although the icons are superlative, the actual cards look soft or fuzzy to me. I like the animations a lot, and if I am correct about the Palm version, there were lots of great Solitaire games, nice statistics, etc.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-28-2010, 08:00 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I got Klondike and although the icons are superlative, the actual cards look soft or fuzzy to me.
I didn't love them on the iPhone, but I thought they were good enough on iPad.
05-29-2010, 10:42 AM
#5
Hi, this is Mike Sedore. Thanks for the wonderful review!

The resolution of the cards is half what they are in the desktop versions of the game. This allows them to load and draw faster. The iPad screen is a good size, so a slight blur can begin to show if any cards zoom up to a high level. I'm pretty sure though that most of the time the cards are small enough not to notice.

So far feedback has been all positive. I'm very happy with the launch, I still haven't seen it on an actual iPad myself yet. It just got launched outside the US yesterday, May 28 2010 (same day as Solitaire Forever for iPad hit the iTunes Store). I could only run it on a (slow) ermulator for the Macintosh that Apple supplies us developers with. Hopefully I'll see it on the real thing soon.

Thanks again, and I hope everyone enjoys my game!

http://www.solitaireforever.com/
05-29-2010, 12:09 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire Forever View Post
Hi, this is Mike Sedore. Thanks for the wonderful review!

The resolution of the cards is half what they are in the desktop versions of the game. This allows them to load and draw faster. The iPad screen is a good size, so a slight blur can begin to show if any cards zoom up to a high level. I'm pretty sure though that most of the time the cards are small enough not to notice.

So far feedback has been all positive. I'm very happy with the launch, I still haven't seen it on an actual iPad myself yet. It just got launched outside the US yesterday, May 28 2010 (same day as Solitaire Forever for iPad hit the iTunes Store). I could only run it on a (slow) ermulator for the Macintosh that Apple supplies us developers with. Hopefully I'll see it on the real thing soon.

Thanks again, and I hope everyone enjoys my game!

http://www.solitaireforever.com/

Hi Mike - Welcome to TA. I'll be curious to see what you think when you see it on the iPad.

So, I really like the "glass" board that the cards appear on. One of the things that intimadates me about these games with so many of the Solitaire games, is that I can never understand really what is supposed to go on. I can watch someone play a game for a minute or so, and it is clear, and when I read the instructions it is unbelievable to me that they are about the same thing... Is there a good way to learn these other than by slogging through difficult-to-understand written instructions? I have googled, and very few games have youtube or video instructions. Anyways, are you a resource for learning?? Or have some suggestions?

Good luck with the launch.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-29-2010, 12:20 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 306
This was my favorite Solitaire game on the iPhone, the free upgrade to the iPad is great news, and shows companies who are willing to give absolutely free upgrades. Thanks a ton!
05-29-2010, 12:47 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
One of the things that intimadates me about these games with so many of the Solitaire games, is that I can never understand really what is supposed to go on. I can watch someone play a game for a minute or so, and it is clear, and when I read the instructions it is unbelievable to me that they are about the same thing... Is there a good way to learn these other than by slogging through difficult-to-understand written instructions? I have googled, and very few games have youtube or video instructions. Anyways, are you a resource for learning?? Or have some suggestions?
I think different people prefer different styles in the way rules are written. I have a lot of books here that I got these games from, and I always get lost in the long-winded paragraphs of babble. I figured it would be better to get straight to the point, and that's how I designed my rules. I label each section of piles, how to build them, and how to play cards to and from them. Of course some people will prefer a more personal-style explanation.

One thing that helps to learn a new game is the "eye" icon you can tap to show playable cards. Even better is to turn on the "Show playable cards" in the options screen, so that it is on full-time. That's about the best thing I can think of outside of reading the rules. I hope it helps.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wiesse View Post
This was my favorite Solitaire game on the iPhone, the free upgrade to the iPad is great news, and shows companies who are willing to give absolutely free upgrades. Thanks a ton!
Thanks for the great feedback! It means a lot to see this kind of response. It really does put a smile on my face.