★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GameHouse
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 43.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2.4
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Create the music stars of tomorrow!

Have you ever dreamed of managing your own musical group? Well, now you can! With MTV Star Factory, you get the chance to run your own band management agency and create the hottest acts around! Build a group from scratch, selecting members, style of music and even the logo. Set their schedule, manage their money, and help them train or record to release their newest hits on the listening public. Do you have an eye for talent and business skills that will lead them on the road to fame and fortune? Find out when you make your band with MTV Star Factory, where the climb to the top of the charts is all in your hands!

Be the genius behind the world's greatest musical groups
Select artist personalities and music style, and help them climb the charts
Compose songs, make albums and go on gigs with fun mini-games
Manage studio sessions, money, marketing and parties
Keep an eye on the MTV music charts as you reach for fame and fortune

Highly recommended for fans of Rock Band, Guitar Hero and Tap Tap Revenge.

GameHouse Guarantee: We take pride in the loyalty and trust our customers show us when they purchase a GameHouse product. If you are not completely satisfied with your recent purchase, please contact us at iphone-games@real.com.
05-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm not into Rock Band etc., but this looks cool with the whole band management thing.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

Last edited by rich_952000; 05-27-2010 at 11:23 PM.
05-29-2010, 03:43 AM
ha! reminds me of old old game 'rockstar ate my hampster'. tho that game used parodies of existing rock stars at the time, this appears a little more generic. i still like the concept, anyone have any impressions?

gamehouse also made the highly polished southpark games so im guessin this wont be too shabby

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
05-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Game Impressions

There is surprising depth in the game if you're into numbers and upgrading stats.

As a manager you have several categories in which to improve (composing, releasing,...) which all increase your 'credibility' as a band manager. This in turn unlocks several options like being able to manage more bands, more artists to choose from and the ability to automate some of the mini games.

Those minigames are the bulk of the game.
Each band can do one action every week and they can choose from performing on stage (mini version of tap-tap like games where you push the numbers shown on screen in order), composing a song (pacman with good and bad blocks to eat), releasing an album (adjusting sliders and clicking away signs) or training/hanging out which boost there skill/energy but seem just lottery minigames (turn cards until you hit the wrong one).

Albums released by one of your bands are then tracked in a top 20 and the higher they are the more money you get. Advertising can also boost the fame of your bands.

A wall of fame keeps track of your achievements (enter top 10, get to number one, have an all girls band,...)

The artwork has a bit of a weird style but is well executed throughout the game.

So in conclusion, don't buy this for the mini games, they are rather limited, but do get this if you're looking a decent handheld rockband tycoon game.
05-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the impressions. This game sounds very interesting indeed.

09-02-2010, 11:00 PM
iphone and ipad versions are 99c/each.