Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2010, 01:44 PM

I love this game. Seriously.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Took a few minutes to get used to the controls, but other than that, it's spot on with the original. Finished the first level effortlessly. It's a must buy for anyone who enjoyed the game back then at this price.

And no, it's not at all like the PSN/XBox Arcade release .
Old 05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Anyone have tips for passing guards? Is it block then forward? or block then attack? I can't figure it out. You need it to get past level 3 I guess.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:02 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Despite a few deception in the first play (I knew the game well, first in Amiga then in Snes) and understood controls and despite the lack of the one hour mission, I'm glad to refind back my old good Prince of Persia !!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:16 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I wish there was a gameplay video for this version of the game. I found some of the computer version, but the graphics look much different on the screenshots. The animations were actually very smooth for being pixel graphics in the computer version, but I don't know how they look on this one. Oh well, I may just have to wait a little longer or just wait for the gameloft version.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
I wish there was a gameplay video for this version of the game. I found some of the computer version, but the graphics look much different on the screenshots. The animations were actually very smooth for being pixel graphics in the computer version, but I don't know how they look on this one. Oh well, I may just have to wait a little longer or just wait for the gameloft version.
Silky smooth animations, I was concerned as well, but it is a good change.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:38 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Simple, this game was released on Apple IIGS then on Amiga and Atari ST. It was the first wave.

After that and the success of the SNES, POP was released again with some new graphics : that's that version IMO we have today on Iphone but the levels still remains the same as the first version !

You can wait for the GL version, I'm sure it will be as good as their last releases but if you're seeking a new retro experiment, then afford you this one, you can't regret it !
Old 05-28-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
ITS 99 cents LOL for the full prince of persia game that said you should dl it...its basically the pc version...very smooth, the controls are cake once you get used to them... i dont think its gonna be 99 cents for long, but id snag it up while you can...

Last edited by Delusionaltool; 05-28-2010 at 05:00 PM..
Old 05-28-2010, 04:52 PM

Seeing from the comments the game is flawed in controls and some jumping mechanisms.
Still waiting for Captain Claw to hit the iDevice... that game was like the best 2D platformer ever created.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:00 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Seeing from the comments the game is flawed in controls and some jumping mechanisms.
Still waiting for Captain Claw to hit the iDevice... that game was like the best 2D platformer ever created.
Absolutely not. I don't understand why people think controls terrible. It's just in fact the same as the Amiga Version just adjusted for Iphone Devices. The only complain about it is that you must tap everywhere on the screen for the action button so you must swap between left or right finger if the prince is on left or right but excepted this, I can assure you controls are as good as PC, SNES or Amiga ways.

But you interested me with this Captain Claw I don't know.... Will it be hitting the device ?