Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-29-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
What weenie thought this was a good control scheme?
Does that mean there are many weenies in this forums? Many people think they work fine, you just have to get used to them. Don't give up after just 3 minutes of play, especially if you don't yet know the way to tiptoe, jump off ledge, etc.

And I for one think it's better to separate the L/R with Up and Down for this as it requires precision. I'd hate to accidentally jump when I want to walk to the left. It'll mean many deaths.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:48 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_k View Post
Does that mean there are many weenies in this forums? Many people think they work fine, you just have to get used to them. Don't give up after just 3 minutes of play, especially if you don't yet know the way to tiptoe, jump off ledge, etc.
Don't put words in my mouth. And I know how to do that stuff, so that wasn't the problem. The problem was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_k View Post
And I for one think it's better to separate the L/R with Up and Down for this as it requires precision. I'd hate to accidentally jump when I want to walk to the left. It'll mean many deaths.
That's fine -- then orient up and down vertically. I'd still far prefer a D-pad and button as would make the most sense to anyone who doesn't work at Ubisoft; there's absolutely no reason why this wouldn't be every bit as precise if not more so than separating directionals. I've seen this on a few other games too and it was just as stupid there -- but I could ignore those games because they weren't Prince of Persia. There is literally no excuse for this control scheme on a platformer, especially a classic like PoP which used a normal joystick just fine. But if you absolutely insist on separating directionals, don't orient up and down to the left and right. It's completely counterintuitive and bad UI design.

Last edited by Mindfield; 05-29-2010 at 12:51 AM..
Old 05-29-2010, 03:43 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth. And I know how to do that stuff, so that wasn't the problem. The problem was:

That's fine -- then orient up and down vertically. I'd still far prefer a D-pad and button as would make the most sense to anyone who doesn't work at Ubisoft; there's absolutely no reason why this wouldn't be every bit as precise if not more so than separating directionals. I've seen this on a few other games too and it was just as stupid there -- but I could ignore those games because they weren't Prince of Persia. There is literally no excuse for this control scheme on a platformer, especially a classic like PoP which used a normal joystick just fine. But if you absolutely insist on separating directionals, don't orient up and down to the left and right. It's completely counterintuitive and bad UI design.
Not to mention that climbing down and hanging on to ledges is completely retarded.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:33 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Okay, so I loved this game on the Atari ST back in the day and just had to get this for the iPhone. Especially for a buck -- that's a steal.

Except for the controls.

Honestly, these are controls only an engineer could love. It's like whoever did the UI has only ever heard about these "video games", or maybe grew up playing games on the chicklet keyboard of a ZX Spectrum where all the controls were pre-assigned to a straight row of keys. Either way, they suck and they're ruining a great game. What weenie thought this was a good control scheme? Give me a freakin' D-Pad on the left and the action button on the right like just about every other platformer in existence.

Much as I hate to do it, I'm deleting this 'til that happens.
Exact same sentiment here. Maybe v1.1 will have more control scheme options but this stays deleted until it does.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

I think, the contros are great.
And personally, I like seperated directionals in platformers.
This isn't the first game. You can work way more precisely with them.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:04 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I'm a weenie so 'cause I'm enjoying those controls but if you want Dpad, then write to Ubisoft !
Old 05-29-2010, 05:09 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

i had to update y software to get this... better be worth it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
I think, the contros are great.
And personally, I like seperated directionals in platformers.
This isn't the first game. You can work way more precisely with them.
+1
all you doubters, look at mario.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:14 AM
iPhone 5

hope of an control update (more space between the buttons would be supercool and a swipe gesture for walking slightly) and some cool saving function, since this game is so hard as it was back in the days, no mercy for the little prince.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:24 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
i had to update y software to get this... better be worth it!

+1
all you doubters, look at mario.

Ahh with Mario as an example you're true but Prince of persia has got the same controls than the original version so why don't you rebuild all the game ?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:22 AM

only 0.99$ BOUGHT IT!!

best game ever