★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-08-2010, 07:26 AM
The final boss is there though I haven't beat him yet.

iPhone must-have titles:

Zen Bound, Edge, Space Miner, Jet Car Stunts, Super Juicy, Soosiz, GTA, Crash Bandicoot 2, Skullpogo, Meteor Blitz, Real Racing
06-08-2010, 08:14 PM
As I understand it, we'll get a save state once iOS 4 is out, which is soon.

I've been stuck on level 8 for a while now. It's gotten a bit frustrating. I know I could skip ahead, but I'm hesitant to do that as I'd like to complete it in order.

06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoupp View Post
The final boss is there though I haven't beat him yet.
How could we meet it? By beating Level 10 or so?

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
06-10-2010, 03:56 AM
Ive finally bought this. Heck, ive almost forgot how much fun this little game is. As a kid i played up to level 3 or 4 on my IBM 80286. Right now im on level 5. Ive never noticed the 1 hour time limit though, maybe it was missing in the PC Version? Anyway, who cares.

The controls are taking a bit to get used to, but once youve understood how to control the Prince, you shouldnt run into much trouble. Truth is the controls are not better nor are they worse than the ones featured in the original PoP Game. Forget all the negative reviews, its a pretty straight port.

Edit: I have 2 complaints though: The first is about those nasty control buttons, which, at some points in the game, may overlap crucial elements in the gaming world. For example the sword in Level 1. Maybe they could add an Transparency Slider for those. But this really isnt a big issue.

Second, Ubisoft added Checkpoints in the levels, but i found no way to really restart a level from the very begining after reaching this checkpoint (iE on Level 7). The only way to restart L7 from the very beginning is to start the game from the previous level as it seems. Dont get me wrong, its good to have those Checkpoints in a hard game like PoP, but an option to erase the checkpoint would still be nice to have.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!

Last edited by tblrsa; 06-11-2010 at 02:44 AM.
06-19-2010, 01:40 AM
I just got this game last week, It seem like ''Prince'' game. When I was in 14 years that time I had play this game ( prince), It was fantastic game. I had done 4 level yesterday.
06-20-2010, 11:36 PM
So I'm stuck in level 12 the last 3 days. I've watched the YouTube speed runs on this level when it came out in DOS. But I keep dying where I meet my shadow, anybody know howni can integratey shadow or how to pass that part.
06-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Just finished the game and I figured out how to beat the ghost and I'll let others figure that out . Great classic. Now onto prince of persia warrior within.
07-27-2010, 08:29 PM
version 1.0.1

What's new:

Quote:
- improved control system
- contextual action button
07-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
What's new:
Any impressions on the new control scheme?

Bueller?

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)
07-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Niiiiice. Downloading update. Can't wait to check the improved controls (they worked fine, but they covered parts of the ground where you wanted to see a tile, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
It is really expensive when you take into account that I spend over 40 a month on games for my iPhone. Get a clue.