Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2010, 01:11 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Okay first of all this is retro-awesomeness. The art and animations are top notch. The controls are working great for me. My only want are check points. I hate having to start at the beginning of the level when I screw up and die.

This is a high quality title for the price.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:13 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Try flinging your phone from left to right or vice-versa to pull it out
Old 05-28-2010, 01:16 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
I had to stop playing out of sheer frustration.

3 screens in there is an enemy with a sword. The intro shows me fighting with a sword but in game there is no explanation at all. Do I start with a sword? do I find one later? How do you weild it?

I'm also having a problem with the long jumps. Rarely I will run and jump across these gaps but usually I run, stop, and hop down a pit into spikes...

This is a lot like FF1 and FF2 where they port a game to a touch screen but forget to mention how things work in this new never before used interface. The difference is that the FF games were basically slow one button games while PoP is a platformer. Timing means everything and I can't for the life of me figure out how to stay alive
Are you pressing the up button and direction button at the same time for long jump?

Also try going the opposite direction away from the guard.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post
Are you pressing the up button and direction button at the same time for long jump?

That's right: you start as a prisoner, so of course you have no weapon. You find it by heading to the left after the drop.

Looks great on the iPad, BTW.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:19 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
I had to stop playing out of sheer frustration.

3 screens in there is an enemy with a sword. The intro shows me fighting with a sword but in game there is no explanation at all. Do I start with a sword? do I find one later? How do you weild it?

I'm also having a problem with the long jumps. Rarely I will run and jump across these gaps but usually I run, stop, and hop down a pit into spikes...

This is a lot like FF1 and FF2 where they port a game to a touch screen but forget to mention how things work in this new never before used interface. The difference is that the FF games were basically slow one button games while PoP is a platformer. Timing means everything and I can't for the life of me figure out how to stay alive
Who never played to the original ? I'm so older to having finished back in the nineties on my Amiga 500 ??? Well 39 years old and still having to play the best Prince of Persia, this version (still a bit different from the Amiga Version).
Old 05-28-2010, 01:22 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Ok! So I decided to jump to the 2nd level to see if I was missing something. You immediately start off with a sword fight. Your character automatically pulls out his sword. You swipe across the screen to hit with your sword. Why the character doesn't pull out his sword in the 1st level is stupid. I don't remember having to find the sword in the 1st level but I don't know where else to look.

Jumping takes getting used to. You have to jump a little before ledges to make them. It was one of the annoyances and challenges in the game. Climbing ledges you had to hit the down arrow and squat to prove slowly and precisely to an edge. Sounds stupid but that's that how it plays.

EDIT: I decided to watch a run through of the 1st level. The sword is there in the level. I also forgot you could tip toe but I don't know how to. Game seems to follow through with everything else. Here's a video if you want to see where the sword is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyQ_OVyhNE

Last edited by meder87; 05-28-2010 at 01:25 AM..
Old 05-28-2010, 01:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:

Oh I ran like hell considering he kills you in one strike

I'll definitely hitting both arrows (just like I would in any platforming game). I think there is something off about the distance he needs to travel before tapping up to get the running jump I need.

But I've now seen the first screen of the dungeon about 20 times and I've yet to get more than 6 screens into the dungeon. I've lost my patience for the night so I won't even attempt to try and figure it out.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:28 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDark View Post
sweet, I'll email my grandpa to take a look, me? I'm waiting for gameloft one
You my friend, disgust me.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:30 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Oh I ran like hell considering he kills you in one strike

I'll definitely hitting both arrows (just like I would in any platforming game). I think there is something off about the distance he needs to travel before tapping up to get the running jump I need.

But I've now seen the first screen of the dungeon about 20 times and I've yet to get more than 6 screens into the dungeon. I've lost my patience for the night so I won't even attempt to try and figure it out.
I hear you. I'm having a tough go of it as well. The issue is the prince takes two steps at a time so some of the jumps are difficult to line up correctly.

I never played POP before either. Was the original this unforgiving?
Old 05-28-2010, 01:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I hear you. I'm having a tough go of it as well. The issue is the prince takes two steps at a time so some of the jumps are difficult to line up correctly.

I never played POP before either. Was the original this unforgiving?
Yep - that's why as much as I love Jordan Mechner's work (I SO want Karateka for iPhone), and even with the low price, I'll be skipping this one. I KNOW I'd be frustrated as hell with it - I sucked at it when I played the original - you need to be very precise with everything.