★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mehware
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 22.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: You play as Suds McKenzie, an unassuming little soap bar with an aversion to Soap Scum. Suds is in the Soap Scum killing business, and business is booming. His job is simple.......to kill all the bacteria and viruses that attack his precious shower drain.

Prepare to circle the drain in this action packed adventure!

Features:

-Addictive gameplay
* Skill based level progression and scoring system

-Simple control scheme
* Just tilt and tap

-Quirky characters and catchy music

-Outlandish powerups
* Hot Shower - Increased damage
* Ice Bath - Freeze all targets and lock on
* Lather Up - Rapid speed and fire
* Force Field - Zap your enemies in one kill
* Growth Spurt - 2x size enhancement
* Clean Up - Turn bacteria into point bubbles to collect

-Open Feint for leaderboards

mehware's comments:
Hey, Mehware just released Suds McKenzie HD for the iPad.

You play as "Suds McKenzie", an unassuming little soap bar with an aversion to "Soap Scum". "Suds" is in the "Soap Scum" killing business, and business is booming. His job is simple.......to kill all the bacteria and viruses that attack his precious shower drain.

Prepare to circle the drain in this action packed adventure!

Here is some app info,

Suds McKenzie's promo video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Click Here to View in iTunes

- Matt
mehware
05-28-2010, 10:33 AM
One of those games just WRONG on so many levels that I'll probably have to pick it up!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

05-28-2010, 11:16 AM
I caved in and grabbed it, expect my reports from the front line this weekend!

My iTunes Reviews
05-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I caved in and grabbed it, expect my reports from the front line this weekend!
Cool....I would like to hear what you think about it.
05-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Looks cool from the gameplay video.
05-29-2010, 12:36 PM
There is also OpenFeint leaderboards integration so you can see if you can beat that top soap scum killing score. Would love the feedback for people who have picked it up.
05-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Game Impressions

The game is cute and simple in concept. You are Suds McKenzie, Soap Star Extrordinaire, and are tasked with protecting the drain from nasty bacteria. While you are seemingly stuck on the rim of the drain, by tilting your device left and right you can race around the drain's edge to intercept any bacteria that might try to charge down the hole. Even cooler, tapping anywhere fires your sud gun (taking out guys this way is worth more points than bumping them directly). So what's the danger if you can ram right into these beasties? Each one that slips by you uninterrupted dings one of your 9 lives. Even more deadly are the occasional virus that, while not even trying to go down your Sacred Drain, if one touches you it's game over!

To jazz stuff up there are power-ups that fly by the drain every one in a while that will allow you to blast the baddies with flaming suds, freeze your opponents, and various other wacky bits. Needless to say I like the game's over the top sense of humor.

Having played it bit now I can state I like it but, in all honesty am having some trouble with the controls (I think this might be more of a personal problem than a real dis of the game's controls). I find myself often spinning around the drain out of control. While this works okay for intercepting baddies, it means I can't aim my suds very accurately nor am I able to skillfully dodge the virii one they hit the scene. Perhaps an option to adjust tilt sensitivity is needed.

4/5

P.S. My absolute favorite aspect of the game is what happens when you knock the eyes out of some the baddies.

My iTunes Reviews
05-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks LordGek, I am glad you enjoyed the game..

The controls take a bit to get used to, after a while you can pin point where you want to place Mr. McKenzie.

I am giving away 5 promo codes for now to 5 people who pm me. The only thing I ask is that you write your honest feedback of the game back in this thread.

I know you guys and gals will love the game, its definitely something to show off and challenge friends and family with (openfeint leaderboards!)

You must have an iPad as this is an iPad game and please post your thoughts back in this thread.

- Matt
05-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks LG, I have been checking back through the day to see your impressions. I PMd Mehware, and so perhaps I will be able to check out the game as well.

I sometimes have accelerometeritis, but am always willing to give it a go. The concept, and the video I think are pretty good and funny.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-29-2010, 07:46 PM