★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Quadratus HD

05-29-2010, 04:17 AM
Quadratus HD

Hi,
an updated version of my game - Quadratus HD - is now live on the App Store.

Quadratus is a board game for 2 players. It's being featured now on the US App Store as "New & Noteworthy" (Board Games for iPad). Check it out!

More info here: demarca.pl
iTunes link: Quadratus HD
Price: 0.99$

Some promo codes here: Promo Codes and Contests

I hope you'll like it - any feedback appreciated

Regards,
Marek

Last edited by demarca; 05-29-2010 at 05:09 AM.
05-29-2010, 09:20 PM
A bunch of promo codes were given out, anyone have impressions?

05-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
A bunch of promo codes were given out, anyone have impressions?
There is a lite version of the regular version you can try.

Game looks great and the touch controls work well. I have only played the two player mode so far and it was great.
05-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post

Game looks great and the touch controls work well. I have only played the two player mode so far and it was great.
Thank you for pointing out the lite version!
05-30-2010, 02:12 AM
Quote:
The lite version is for the iPhone / iPod touch. You can still run it on iPad, but only in compatibility mode. iTunes link: Quadratus Lite

The HD version doesn't have the zoom in/out feature (no need for that on iPad). The rest is similar.

There's also a promo video for the full version of Quadratus 1.0 for iPhone:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
I'm glad you like it

Regards,
Marek
05-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Awesome! I'm really loving this game.

Its a stragety board game, cover the whole board with your peice color. Rules are really simple: you can move your peice one square to either side as long as there is nothing in that square or jump over one square. As you move around, your opponents' peices that are around the peice that you just placed will be changed into your color. But the opposite happens at well. When you tap a peice to move, all the possible places to move will be highlighted. When you tap the place you'd like to move into, a new peice appears in that place and surrounding peices become your color. When you jump over another peice, the original peice actually moves leaving the original place empty. The game ends when the board is filled up. The game comes with an AI or a 2 player option. The AI could be put on easy or hard. There is also career mode and single player mode.
Rules are simple, graphics are polished and gameplay is addictive.
06-01-2010, 05:25 PM
I wanted to chime in here as well - this game plays I guess like Othello or Reversi. Songbird above describes gameplay.

AI (on easy) is pretty aggressive, and will whoop on you if you let your guard down. If you are also aggressive and keep your wits about you, you can win pretty handily. But, like Othello / Reversi - the game can turn around literally with one or 2 well placed moves.

What struck me most about the game is that it is graphically quite beautiful. The game board and the stones are quite nice, and the touch controls are nice and responsive. Also, there is a dim highlight for the only possible moves, so you won't make mistakes.

Even though the rules clearly state that you base your move on one of your existing stones, intuitively I know which stone I am using, but I was frequently forgetting to touch the stone that I am basing the move off of. I guess it is somewhat like calling every shot in pool rather than putting the ball in the obvious pocket. Not sure that anything needs to be done about it, it is just a natural play mechanic - but I just found myself touching an empty (legal) spot on the board to want to place a stone there, but could not, because I had not "declared" the stone that I was basing the move off.

Background sounds are nice. Overall it is a very nice game, and for the people that like the strategy games like Othello, Reversi, Go, Checkers, Chess - I think that they would really enjoy this.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Thank you guys for your feedback, I really appreciate this.

Regarding the gameplay, I'd like to add that you may exit app anytime and return to current game later. I think it's pretty important in such board games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
The game board and the stones are quite nice
Pluto6, you've used singular form here - is it because you like the wooden board most, or the options screen with different visual styles is hidden too much and you missed that feature?

I'd like to make this game better, so more opinions and thoughts are welcome

Regards,
Marek
06-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarca View Post

Regarding the gameplay, I'd like to add that you may exit app anytime and return to current game later. I think it's pretty important in such board games.

Oh, I completely forgot about that, I meant to mention it. The autosave is an amazing feature and its really appreciated especially in this game.
06-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarca View Post
Thank you guys for your feedback, I really appreciate this.

Pluto6, you've used singular form here - is it because you like the wooden board most, or the options screen with different visual styles is hidden too much and you missed that feature?

I'd like to make this game better, so more opinions and thoughts are welcome

Regards,
Marek
Whoopss.... I guess I did not really look through all the options - I just started playing

I was wondering why all those board shots appear in the your advert though

Will look forward to checking out the different backgrounds. That will make this even more fun!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer