★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Cestos is the BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME. Play Head-to-Head, Online, in this Marble Battle Game. Personalize your Avatar, Socialize with Friends, Earn Achievements, Unlock Customizations, and compete to become the world's best!

Play and chat with Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World! Ranked one of the BEST FREE GAMEs by CNET (and others), you can't afford to miss out! Download and Play Cestos NOW!

Features:
* Real-Time, Multiplayer
* 700,000 Different Avatar Combinations
* 45+ Unlockable Customizations
* 5 Unique Maps
* Cross-Platform Play (iPhone and iPod Touch vs Android)
* Live Chat

impactdni's comments:
Hey guys,

I'm the developer at ChickenBrick Studios, an independent, 3-person game dev team (dev, artist, tester). And we just released our first iPhone game called "Cestos - Multiplayer Battle Balls". It isn't our first iphone app, but its our first game

Just wanted to post it here, and get some feedback from you guys... What do you like, what do you dislike, and what can be done to improve it?

iTunes Link
05-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Is this the same game I have on my android based phone if so it's great fun and will the online be linked to android players.

05-29-2010, 10:50 AM
It is indeed

The interface was updated to try to better appeal to iphone users, and iphone's style guidelines, but its the same gameplay. It was also set up to allow cross-platform play, probably should have mentioned that in the original post.
05-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactdni View Post
It is indeed

The interface was updated to try to better appeal to iphone users, and iphone's style guidelines, but its the same gameplay. It was also set up to allow cross-platform play, probably should have mentioned that in the original post.
That's great news just downloaded will be great to have this on both my devices
05-29-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
05-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks, I probably should have put that in there (newb)
05-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Fun game and easy to get into a match. Is there a reason that there is no sound?
05-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Not really

We'll definitely be adding it to a future release however
05-29-2010, 04:12 PM
I really love this game. I've been wanting a quick pick up and play multiplayer game along these lines for awhile now. This is game is WAY better than finger vs. finger.

Here's why:

While there are not as many maps as finger vs finger, the maps that are provided have so many opportunities for different strategies! I was psyched out so many times on sumo. So much fun. I loved minefield as well with the life counts (hoping for more maps with this mechanic). I was able to get into matches quickly and the in-game chat works without a hitch. The art for the avatars are basic but do the job; I'm looking forward to more being added.

Now for some suggestions:

- As mentioned sound effects/sound track would help very much.
- larger maps with more marbles would also be appreciated.
- I know that it would be more difficult to code but some animation on the rolling of the marbles would give the game a ton more polish.
- different themes to the maps would be great other than the sci-fi space theme we have currently. Tropical, medieval, industrial etc.
- 2 vs 2 or 4 player free for all would be superb!

That is all for now. Thanks for the great game devs!
05-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks a bunch for the suggestions

Sound is definitely in our plan for the future, larger maps is also on there (we'll see how possible it is with the current code-base).

We actually had a 3 and a 4 player map in the original on Android, however we removed them as they were very rarely played (which was very unfortunate). Basically, the 2player maps were all being played a few hundred thousand times per day, and the 4player map was played about 100. This might have been because it was less fun (for whatever reason), but a lot of it I think was having to wait 30 seconds or so to find a game. With more players, this could very well be solved. The code is _mostly_ there, just have to figure out how to make it work again